Start an Application
Narrow your Search
Welcome to the Theater Arts program at Arcadia University. We want to prepare you for a life in the arts… and for life. Our training program goes beyond a traditional conservatory-style approach—immersing you in all aspects of theatrical creation. Our program will challenge you to develop your talents, to cultivate your knowledge, and to think globally in a wider world of cultures and ideas.
At Arcadia we offer three degree programs:
BA in Theater Arts (no audition required)
BFA in Acting
BFA in Acting with a Concentration in Musical Theater
Intensive, Rigorous, Rewarding
Arcadia University Theater provides B.F.A. candidates and the entire campus community with a season of professional quality productions that showcase the talents, passions, and dedication of our student artists. Our productions are directed, designed, and choreographed by active professional artists from Philadelphia’s vibrant theater community.
The University’s intimate size provides close interaction with faculty in a liberal arts setting. Proximity to Philadelphia’s dynamic theatre community connects students with industry professionals who are regularly on campus as instructors and guest artists.
Arcadia Theater Productions provide opportunities to bring all of those skills to the stage. Our productions are directed by prestigious visiting artists and resident faculty, all of whom are active in Philadelphia’s vibrant theater community.
Students in the program can also gain performance experience through several student-run performance groups active on campus, including:
- Under Siege Student Theater: a student group producing a variety of performances, showcases, workshops and readings.
- Improv Club: stages an evening of improv comedy each semester.
- Cabaret Club: presents a musical theater variety performance each semester.
- Knight Club: a campus-wide dance troupe.
Digital Submission Deadlines
Because of our rolling acceptance approach to admission into the BFA programs, students will learn the results of their audition within approximately 4-6 weeks after submitting their completed application to the University and their digital materials. Please refer to the following timetable when making your submission.
- Materials submitted by November 6th will be evaluated by December 11th.
- Materials submitted by December 11th will be evaluated by January 15th
- Material submitted by January 15th will be evaluated by February 19th
- Materials submitted by February 19th will be evaluated by March 26th
- Materials submitted by March 26th will be evaluated by April 30th
- Final Deadline for all submissions is May 15th, 2021
After our performance faculty have reviewed your materials one of the following will occur:
- You will receive a letter with the results of your audition
- You will be invited to do a digital call-back interview. We would like to get to know you and let you ask us questions. We may ask for additional material or to make adjustments to your original selections.