Start an Application
Narrow your Search
Welcome to the Theater Arts program at Arcadia University!
We want to prepare you for a life in the arts… and for life. Our training program goes beyond a traditional conservatory-style approach—immersing you in all aspects of theatrical creation. Our program will challenge you to develop your talents, to cultivate your knowledge, and to think globally in a wider world of cultures and ideas.
At Arcadia we offer three degree programs:
BA in Theater Arts (no audition required)
BFA in Acting
BFA in Acting (Concentration in Musical Theater)
Intensive, Rigorous, Rewarding
Arcadia University Theater provides B.F.A. candidates and the entire campus community with a season of professional quality productions that showcase the talents, passions, and dedication of our student artists. Our productions are directed, designed, and choreographed by active professional artists from Philadelphia’s vibrant theater community.
The University’s intimate size provides close interaction with faculty in a liberal arts setting. Proximity to Philadelphia’s dynamic theatre community connects students with industry professionals who are regularly on campus as instructors and guest artists.
Arcadia Theater Productions provide opportunities to bring all of those skills to the stage. Our productions are directed by prestigious visiting artists and resident faculty, all of whom are active in Philadelphia’s vibrant theater community.
Students in the program can also gain performance experience through several student-run performance groups active on campus, including:
- Improv Club: stages an evening of improv comedy each semester.
- Cabaret Club: presents a musical theater variety performance each semester.
2023-2024 Audition Information
This year we will conduct in-person auditions both on campus and around the country at the various locations listed below. Should you wish to submit digital materials online through acceptd, you may still do so. These will be viewed and considered in lieu of an in-person audition.
On-Campus Audition Dates (apply though Acceptd and select preferred audition date):
- Saturday, September 30th, 2023.
- Sunday, December 2nd, 2023.
- SPRING DATES: TBA
For those applicants wishing to audition in-person on our campus, you will be required to select your preferred audition date. After selecting your preferred day, someone from the University will be in contact with you regarding your audition day schedule.
Off-Campus Audition Dates (subject to change):
- October 25-29, 2023 (Virginia Theatre Conference - Richmond, VA)
- November 2-4, 2023 (Florida Theater Conference - Winter Park, FL)
- November 11, 2023 (Mid-Atlantic Region College Auditions - MARCAs - Rowan University)
- November 17-18, 2023 (Booker T. - Dallas, TX)
- November 19, 2023 (Greater Houston Area Auditions)
- November 30-December 2nd, 2023 (PA Thespians - North Penn HS)
- January 12-13, 2024 (Maryland Thespian Conference)
- February 5-7th, 2024 (Chicago Unified Auditions - Palmer House, Chicago, IL)
- March 13-17th, 2024 (SETC-Greensboro, NC)
Digital Submission Deadlines
Because of our rolling acceptance approach to admission into the BFA programs, students will learn the results of their audition within approximately 4 weeks after submitting their completed (Theater Arts AND University) application to the University.
- Final Deadline for all submissions is May 15th, 2024
After our performance faculty have reviewed your materials one of the following will occur:
- You will receive a letter with the results of your audition
- You will be invited to do a call-back interview. We would like to get to know you and let you ask us questions. We may ask for additional material or to make adjustments to your original selections.