Start an Application
Narrow your Search
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR OPEN ON AUGUST 15, 2023 at 10:00 AM. APPLICATIONS WILL CLOSE ON SEPTEMBER 15, 2023. SCHOOLS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY SEPTEMBER 30, 2023.
Welcome to the tenth annual ASU Gammage High School Musical Theatre Awards program! The ASU Gammage HSMTA program is part of the National High School Musical Theatre Awards program sponsored by The Broadway League. ASU Gammage selects up to 25 high schools to participate for the 2023-2024 school year. Adjudicators attend theatre performances and submit scores and feedback. The program culminates in an awards showcase on May 25th, 2024, when all 25 schools are featured. Awards are also presented to the winners in performance and tech theatre categories. The Best Lead Male and Best Lead Female winners go on to compete in the NHSMTA, otherwise known as “The Jimmy Awards.”
High school musical theatre productions must take place within the state of AZ and north of Casa Grande between October 13, 2023 and April 7, 2024.
Musical theatre productions must meet all of the following criteria:
- Schools must perform a published musical, operetta or revue (either currently held by a licensing house or in the public domain) presented with the approval or permission of the original creators, publishers, or their representatives. Neither unpublished material nor original musical theatre compilations will be accepted.
- The production must be an approved show with qualifying roles for the National High School Musical Theatre Awards: https://www.jimmyawards.com/participation/qualifying-shows-and-roles/
- High school students who attend the school must comprise 90% or more of the cast/crew. Rule is designed to allow a few elementary, junior high students, and faculty in ensemble roles.
- High school students who attend the school must play all lead and supporting roles.
Application Fee: $35 to Acceptd by credit card only; non-refundable fee.
Program Fee (if selected): $200 to ASU Gammage by CC/check/PO & due October 30th. The $200 program fee is waived for Title I high schools.
For more information about the program, please contact HSMTA@asugammage.com.
For technical questions, please visit the Acceptd Help Desk.
To apply once the application is open,
1. Click "Start an Application" in the upper left corner drop down menu. Select "ASU Gammage High School Musical Theatre Awards."
2. It will then show green button immediately underneath that reads “Apply to ASU Gammage High School Musical Theatre Awards." A button is also on the very bottom of the second screen titled Guidelines.