Start an Application
Narrow your Search
Greetings and CONGRATULATIONS to all CAPMT District Winners!
Please read the following rules for our CAPMT State Finals 2020 for Honors, Contemporary and Concerto Competitions:
- The CAPMT State Finals for Honors, Contemporary and Concerto Competitions will be a video round.
- NO CHANGES in competition repertoire are allowed without disqualification.
- Recordings must be made at any time following your district competition up until April 18, 2020. Please include a timestamp on video submissions.
- District Winners will submit a video performance of the repertoire listed on the original application. The portal on Acceptd will be open to video submissions for Honors, Contemporary and Concerto State Finals beginning on Wednesday, April 1, 2020 to no later than Saturday, April 18, 2020 at 6 p.m.
- MTNA and CAPMT partners with Acceptd, a digital platform used for auditions and competitions. Entrants must sign up for an Acceptd account in order to upload their performance videos and pay a $30 fee to proceed. Sign up (or login) for an account here.
- Videos must be of high quality. Click here for tips about recording your videos.
- Video recording must be made with one fixed camera angle/location, focused such that the performer and the accompanist (if applicable) are visible at all times with face and hands of contestant visible.
- Videos must contain all repertoire listed on the original application. Entrants should NOT introduce themselves or announce the piece being recorded.
- Each piece (including individual movements of a larger work) must be uploaded as an individual video file. No editing is allowed. Each selection must be labeled with the title, composer and performance time. For individual movements of a larger work, label with the title, Roman numeral of movement and composer. Example: Sonata in F Minor, Op. 2, No. 1, I., Beethoven. Preludes and Fugues may be considered a single piece.
- Check videos for sound quality prior to uploading.
- DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST DAY TO SUBMIT VIDEOS.
- A high-speed internet connection is recommended.
- Chome is the preferred browser for Acceptd.
- Should you have problems uploading videos, try uploading one at a time, making sure each upload is complete prior to starting the next upload.
- Judges will listen to a portion or all of each video up to the following time limits: Category A (9 and under) 10 minutes, Category B (10-12) 10 minutes, Category C (13-15) 12 minutes, Category D (16-18) 15 minutes, Category E (19-26) 15 minutes.
- Entrants who do not follow guidelines may be disqualified.
Communication protocol is as follows: parent-teacher-district chair-state chair-VP of Competitions. Please follow this chain of communication as outlined in the CAPMT Competitions Handbooks.
A list of CAPMT State Finals Winners will be emailed approximately one week after the submission deadline. Awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Winners and Honorable Mentions (not ranked) in each Category will be mailed to teachers.
Good luck to all, and congratulations on being the winners of your districts!
Dr. Julie Ann Ballard
CAPMT VP of Competitions