Start an Application
Narrow your Search
Thank you for your interest in CCM Prep and Summer Programs! We are proud to offer high caliber opportunities to CCM and non-CCM students from across the country and around the world. Here are the program offerings for Summer 2023.
Musical Theatre Workshop
June 19* – July 1
*Program begins on June 20. Dorm move-in date is June 19.
Dee Anne Bryll, Director
This program is designed for talented, motivated and dedicated high school students, rising sophomores through seniors, who have a strong interest in and passion for musical theatre. Voice, dance, and acting are taught by conservatory faculty and local professionals as well as faculty of CCM Preparatory. Auditions are required.
Class Tuition: $1500
Housing (Optional): For planning purposes only: The Summer 2022 room/board rate was $1400, however the Summer 2023 rate it is yet to be confirmed and could be the same or higher than 2022.
Students may audition for the Musical Theatre Workshop online. Priority is given to applications received by the published deadlines.
Priority Deadline: March 3
Hard Deadline: March 15
Applications may be viewed until April 1st, if any spaces remain. Please keep in mind this is a very competitive program and the sooner the audition materials are received, the better. For your best chance, please submit by March 3, 2023.
Online auditions dates open in October. There is a $30 fee to audition online. Select "CCM Prep: Musical Theatre Workshop" from the drop-down list to start your application. Please note auditions will be open in early December and results will not begin to be announced to applicants until mid-to-late March.
All students should prepare the following for their audition:
- One-page resume
- 100-150 word essay answering the question, "What do you hope to gain from this experience?" (Word document format is strongly preferred for online auditions)
- An age-appropriate monologue from a published play, not to exceed one minute
- Two contrasting songs, may be 32-bar cuts or under one minute long.
- one from a Golden Age Musical (1943-1960)
- one contemporary song
- A completed teacher recommendation form
- Teachers can complete the recommendation process online through Get Acceptd
- 8:00-8:30 a.m. – Check-in
- 8:30-9:15 a.m. – Morning Warm-Up
- 9:15-10:45 a.m. – Class 1 (Acting/Voice)
- 10:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. – Class 2 (Acting/Voice)
- 12:15-1:15 p.m. – Lunch
- 1:15-2:15 p.m. – Immersion class
- 2:15-3:45 p.m. – Class 3 (Dance/Acting)
- 3:45-5:15 p.m. – Class 4 (Dance/Acting)
- 5:15-6:30 p.m. – Dinner break
- 6:30-8 p.m. – Class 5 (Varies)
- 9:00 a.m.-12 p.m. – Special Topics Sessions
- 1 p.m. -3p.m. – Special Topics Sessions
- Outing (see a production)
Note: All activities will follow UC/Ohio/CDC COVID-19 guidelines for safety.
**Please note that applying for a CCM Prep Summer Program does not constitute applying for admission to CCM. If you are interested in applying to CCM, please visit CCM Admissions.
For technical questions, please check out the Acceptd Help Desk.