Start an Application
Narrow your Search
This application is for all applicants to the School of Music.
Undergraduate and Graduate Applicants:
- The deadline for ALL Regular Decision fall 2023 applications is December 1.
- Undergraduate applicants must also submit the Common Application to the Office of Undergraduate Admission
- Please carefully review the application and audition/portfolio requirements for your area of study on our website before beginning the application.
- Pre-screening performance areas include: Flute, Piano, Tuba, Violin, Voice
- Portfolio Deadline - December 1: Audio Recording & Production, Composition, Electronic Music, Music Education, Music Entrepreneurship, Musicology, Music & Technology, and Piano Maintenance
- We are anticipating live in-person auditions as follows:
Saturday, January 21 (CMU): Orchestral Instruments
Sunday, January 22 (CMU): Non-Orchestral Instruments, Portfolio Areas, Voice (full day)
Saturday, January 28 (CMU): Orchestral Instruments
Sunday, January 29 (CMU): Non-Orchestral Instruments
Saturday, February 4 (CMU): Voice, Portfolio Areas
Sunday, February 5 (CMU): Voice, Portfolio Areas
February 10-12: NYC Auditions + Virtual Auditions - all areas
- We always accept recorded auditions.
- For questions regarding information on the application, please contact the Office of Recruitment & Enrollment by email.
- You can find detailed information regarding application instructions and auditions here.
- Should you experience any technical difficulties with uploading or submitting your materials, please visit the Acceptd Help Desk (CMU is not able to assist with technical issues on this site.)
We look forward to working with you throughout the application process.