Start an Application
Narrow your Search
This is the main landing page for all educational programs of the Chattanooga Symphony and Opera, including our Youth Orchestras and Conducting Workshop. Using the drop down menu on the left, please select the program you are applying for. The current options are:
CSOYO - LATE AUDITIONS
CSO - CONDUCTING WORKSHOP
APPLICATIONS FOR 2023 CONDUCTING WORKSHOP:
Geared toward conductors of all levels but focused primarily on conductors based in educational programs ( K-12, community, two and four year college programs etc…this intensive three-day symposium provides the opportunity to conduct professional musicians of the Chattanooga Symphony and Opera, as well as attend presentations on a wide range of topics regarding score study, rehearsal techniques, and podium presence. Each active participant will also receive feedback from clinicians Kayoko Dan (Music Director of the CSO), Randall Coleman (Director of Bands at University of Tennessee at Chattanooga), and Cliff Croomes (Director of Longhorn Band at UT Austin). Up to fifteen active participants will be selected to take the podium. An unlimited number of auditors are welcome to attend. The workshop will also include optional social & networking activities.
Application opens October 11th
Application Deadline - participants will be accepted on a rolling basis. For maximum consideration, we encourage you to submit your application by November 15th, 2022. Active participant enrollment is capped at 15. Program dates are January 6, 7 & 8, 2023.
- A short paragraph response to each of the following questions. You will be able to upload the document in the application.
- What led you to teaching music? How do you work to inspire your students?
- Describe your ensemble and/or program. Please include ages/grades of students, level of experience, frequency and duration of rehearsals, number and format of annual performances, and challenges associated with your program.
- In which aspects of directing an ensemble are you most confident? What areas are you least confident?
- OPTIONAL video of you conducting any type of ensemble (orchestra, band, choir, chamber, etc). Recommended for active participants only
- Application fee: $50 (for both auditor and active participant)
- Tuition: $425 for active participant $195 for auditor
- Deposit: A deposit will be required to hold your position if you are accepted as an active participant.
For application questions, please contact email@example.comFor artistic questions please contact Kayokodan@gmail.com
For technical questions, please visit the Acceptd Help Desk.