Start an Application
Narrow your Search
Curtis Mentor Network
The Curtis Institute of Music educates and trains exceptionally gifted young musicians for careers as performing artists at the highest professional level. To date, over 200 students from 33 states and 21 countries have benefitted from the Curtis Mentor Network. Aspiring young musicians can expect a significant boost in their auditions for schools, competitions, and music festivals. Said one participant: “Having a program like this was the special gem I did not know I needed!”
The Curtis Mentor Network pairs dedicated young musicians (age 14 to 28) with Curtis alumni and summer program faculty to explore Curtis’s “learn by doing” philosophy.
Summer 2021 Sessions I and II (Enrollment closes May 17)
- Open to Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Violin, Viola, Cello, Piano, Conducting, Composition, and Voice students
- Schedule includes:
- six 45-minute private lessons
- three one-hour studio classes
- three one-hour professional development seminars
- Provides additional professional mentorship for applications to schools, competitions, music festivals, and other auditions
- Six-week session features personalized attention from celebrated alumni and summer program faculty, all of whom have thriving pedagogical or performance careers. View the mentor roster here.
- Mentors teach using Zoom optimized for audio to create an accessible remote learning environment
- A device supporting Zoom's audio and video features and reliable internet connection are required to participate
- Participants who complete the program receive a Certificate of Completion signed the program artistic director and their mentor.
Total enrollment fee per six-week session is $1,000. Enrollment is complete upon payment for selected session(s) via Acceptd. Limited financial assistance is available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Enrollment for Summer Session I is due by May 17, 2021 and the program begins the week of May 24.
- Enrollment for Summer Session II is due by July 5, 2021 and the program begins the week of July 12.
- You can enroll for either or both sessions by the first deadline.
After the deadline, enrollment may be accepted and reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Due to a high level of interest, we cannot guarantee availability for all instruments. All registrants are encouraged to enroll by the deadline or as soon as possible afterward. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
For technical questions, please visit the Acceptd Help Desk.