Start an Application
Narrow your Search
The Curtis Institute of Music educates and trains exceptionally gifted young musicians for careers as performing artists at the highest professional level.
Curtis Mentor Network
The Curtis Mentor Network pairs dedicated, classical musicians (age 14 to 28) with Curtis alumni and summer program faculty to explore Curtis’s “learn by doing” philosophy. Challenge yourself to grow in an online, intensive conservatory environment. The Curtis Mentor Network develops overall musicianship and prepares students for auditions, competitions, and performances. Students receive one-on-one lessons and attend studio classes led by Curtis mentors. Said one participant: “I can't appreciate enough how Curtis supported us. The teaching quality was extraordinary!”
Audition Prep Session begins November 1.
Enrollment is open through October 24, 11:59 PM EST.
Sign up for our mailing list here.
- Open to Bassoon, Cello, Clarinet, Composition, Conducting, Flute, Harp, Horn, Oboe, Percussion, Piano, Violin, Viola, and Voice students
- Schedule includes:
- six one-on-one 45-minute private lessons
- three one-hour studio classes
- three audition-prep seminars
- Provides additional professional mentorship for applications to schools, competitions, music festivals, and other auditions
- Six-week session features personalized attention from celebrated alumni and summer program faculty, all of whom have thriving pedagogical or performance careers. View the mentor roster here.
- Mentors teach using Zoom optimized for audio to create an accessible remote learning environment
- A device supporting Zoom's audio and video features and reliable internet connection are required to participate
- Participants who complete the program receive a Certificate of Completion signed by the program artistic director and their mentor.
Total enrollment fee is $1,000. Enrollment is complete upon payment via Acceptd. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
After the deadline, enrollment may be accepted and reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Due to a high level of interest, we cannot guarantee availability for all instruments. All registrants are encouraged to enroll by the deadline or as soon as possible afterward. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
For technical questions, please visit the Acceptd Help Desk.
NEW Composition Program Feature
This session, three composition students will be selected to have a 5-minute small ensemble piece recorded by Curtis student musicians. Interested students will need to compose a piece with specific instrumentation, and the composition mentors will each choose one student for this recording opportunity.
This additional feature is available with an added fee for the selected students of $500 (recipients of financial assistance may also be considered). Fee covers the cost of professional recording session by Curtis audio/visual staff.
The Curtis musicians will record the selected pieces at the end of the session and all CMN composition students will attend the virtual recording session.
After enrollment and prior to November 1, composition students will receive a form to indicate their interest in composing a new piece to be recorded. Instrumentation details will be provided at that time. Selections will be made within the first two weeks of the CMN session.