Connect with DeSales University Performing Arts
Narrow your Search
DeSales University's Division of Performing Arts is made up of our Theatre, TV/Film, and Dance Departments. We are committed to the Bachelor of Arts degree which provides the flexibility that allows our student artists to pursue a minor or even a dual major.
Creating characters. Meaning through movement. Your creative vision on screen. Singing from your heart. There are many opportunities at DeSales to express your artistic self on stage or behind a camera. Gain tremendous knowledge through a dynamic interdisciplinary curriculum. If you dream of acting or dancing on stage, opportunities abound. There’s also stage lighting, arts administration, or story development and script writing. Pick up a minor in business and learn to run a dance studio as well as teach dance. We offer a broad arts education that includes meaningful real-world experiences.
You will have an opportunity to:
• Learn through diverse masterclasses with accomplished professionals in each field
• Take advantage of internship opportunities, including, for theatre majors, the chance to work side by side with professional artists at the Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival
• Network with successful alumni coast to coast to help you transition to the work force wherever you decide to go
• Perform/present your art for over 27,000 patrons a year who attend season productions
• Take classes in all three disciplines
• Gain experience working with state-of-the-art equipment and performance spaces
• Enjoy small class sizes with focused one-on-one training
• Study abroad to work in a British theatre or dance in Switzerland at no extra tuition cost
• Participate in dance performances, theatre productions, and film festivals
• Earn a double major and/or minor
As a candidate for the DeSales Dance, Theatre, or TV/Film majors, you must apply and be accepted academically and artistically. *Academic acceptance into the university does not guarantee your acceptance into the Dance, Theatre, or TV/Film programs.
To be accepted artistically into one of the performing arts majors, you must audition and/or interview with our faculty. Follow the links below to learn more about audition and interview requirements for each program.
Submit a free interest form or apply now!
For more information about DeSales University's Performing Arts, please contact Rebecca Righi, Director of Recruitment, Rebecca.Righi@desales.edu or by phone at 610-282-1100 ext. 1949.