Start an Application
Narrow your Search
Welcome to the Grant Application page for American Dance Movement (ADM), formerly Dizzy Feet Foundation. We look forward to learning about your program!
As co-founders of the Dizzy Feet Foundation, Nigel Lythgoe (So You Think You Can Dance) and Adam Shankman (Hairspray, Step Up) have been encouraging communities to get moving through dance for over 10 years by funding dance education in underserved communities, as well as educating the public on the many benefits of dance, such as improved cardiovascular health, self-confidence, self-expression, and social skills. While Dizzy Feet’s focus has always celebrated the art form of dance, and its many benefits, a new and expanded vision also includes a robust health initiative. In the spirit of health and dance, the Dizzy Feet Foundation has become American Dance Movement (ADM) – on a mission to move us all by building healthy communities through dance and movement.
American Dance Movement (ADM) is committed to building healthier communities by awarding grants to programs that make a positive impact through the benefits of dance. ADM and it’s grant recipients support overall health through the experience of dance and movement for educational, therapeutic and artistic growth.
Through our Grantee Partners we aim to make an impact in 3 key areas:
- Education - Support academic and community settings that increase access to dance and movement as a community building activity to foster socialization and the skills of executive functioning, discipline, self confidence and exercise.
- Therapeutic - Enrich medical and therapeutic settings by supporting programs that provide movement based therapies to improve the psychological, emotional and physical integration of the mind / body connection for overall health and well-being.
- Artistic - Inspire and encourage artistic growth through dance and movement programs that foster creativity, body awareness, self-expression and joy.
- Program providers should be qualified instructors and/or licensed/board certified movement therapists (psychological, physical, social and mental health professionals) who increase impact in their communities through responsible, diverse and inclusive programming.
Who Do We Fund:
American Dance Movement supports a wide variety of eligible organizations (established or emerging) in order to increase access to dance and movement that make a measurable impact in the communities awarded funding. ADM funds non-profit organizations including community programs offered by libraries, community centers, parks and recreation, social service agencies, and after school programs. Grants are also awarded to other 501(c)(3) and government organizations, hospitals, and therapy centers focused on movement therapy through the art form of dance.
What We Don't Fund:
American Dance Movement does not fund community programs for any of the following:
- Applicants seeking scholarships or funding to allow select students to attend their program.
- Applicants seeking funding for school dance trips, extra-curricular activities, performances, or special events for students, unless otherwise agreed upon by the Board as broader part of an application request.
- Applicants seeking entry fees for schools to enter dance competitions.
- Applicants seeking money to pay for dance books, ballet barres, costumes, dance wear, TVs, and other resources. While we understand that there is a need for these items, providing these goods through community funding does not meet DFF’s mission.
*NEW: Login to your Acceptd account and click the magnifying glass next to your submitted application to view/print.
To learn more about American Dance Movement, go to our website, http://americandancemovement.org/