Programs & Guidelines
Narrow your Search
Welcome to the Acceptd site for Elon University’s Department of Music, an Avid Academic Learning Partner! We offer the following degree programs:
- Music Education
- Music Performance
- Music Production & Recording Arts (MPRA)
Please note that each of these degree programs has separate forms, fees, and requirements. The Music Education and Music Performance programs require a live on campus audition. The Music Production & Recording Arts program requires an online application. Please look over the details for each program in which you are interested and follow the guidelines carefully. You will see the Music Department Open House events, submission deadlines, and dates of notification of acceptance to the department.
You should note that in addition to applying for the Music Department, acceptance to our department also requires admission to Elon University. You can complete these in either order, so long as you meet all relevant deadlines for both. The deadline for Elon's general admission is January 10, 2023. All audition and admissions application fees are non-refundable.
**Please note that all current, incoming first-year and transfer students must complete the application process to be considered for the music program.**
To learn more about our exciting programs, including our Music in the Liberal Arts Program for which no audition is required, please visit our website here.
If you have questions about the audition process or our programs, please contact Kimberly Rippy, Auditions Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any technical questions, please visit the Acceptd Help Desk.
We look forward to viewing your materials!
Hallie Hogan, Chair Music Department
Important Dates for Elon University Music Department
ALL APPLICANTS should note the following:
- Acceptance to any of our programs also requires acceptance to Elon University - a separate process.
- Admissions application deadline: January 10, 2023
- Please click here to complete this process.
- All audition and admissions application fees are Non-Refundable.
- To request a fee waiver please review the following link fee waiver process. You will then need to Submit a Request
- Please note that the deadline to submit a fee waiver request is one week prior to the application deadline for which you are applying.
Music Education and Music Performance Audition Dates and Deadlines
- Fall Audition Application: On Campus Audition Friday, November 11 (application deadline October 23rd)
- Winter Audition Application: On Campus audition Friday, January 20th (application deadline December 18th)
- Spring Audition Application: On Campus audition Friday, February 17th (application deadline January 29th)
Music Production & Recording Arts Application Deadlines
- Deadline for Early Application completion/submission: November 20, 2022
- Applicants notified regarding acceptance on December 16, 2022
- Deadline for Regular Application completion/submission: January 31, 2023
- Applicants notified regarding acceptance on February 17, 2023
Open House Events
Apart from the application process, the Music Department will host a number of Open House events throughout the year. These are opportunities for information and interaction with current students and faculty in the Music Department. They are designed for prospective students in the current application cycle and high school juniors interested in learning more about our programs. These events may also coincide with other admissions activities at Elon.