Start an Application
Narrow your Search
Summer Dance Intensive 2022 at Festival Ballet Providence
The Summer Dance Intensive (SDI) at FBP offers students the opportunity to study in a professional training environment. Our exceptional roster of teachers includes FBP faculty and international guest teachers who are committed to providing individualized attention to maximize success! We provide students with a diverse curriculum, rigorous professional training, and enriching field trips to enhance their education. SDI offers unique performance experiences, including the opportunity to dance for some of Providence's largest and most artistically inclined audiences. The one-week Company Rep Workshop will give young professionals the opportunity to be introduced to FBP company life and experience our repertoire firsthand. Classes will be taught by FBP Artistic Faculty and leading guest choreographers. 2022/2023 FBP Trainees will be selected exclusively from the workshop. Participation in our new Company Rep Workshop is by invitation only.
Kathleen Breen Combes- Artistic Director
Marissa Parmenter - School Director
- 5-week Summer Dance Intensive
- July 5 - August 6, 2022
- Ages: 10 - 22
- 1-week Company Rep Workshop
- August 1 - August 6, 2022
- Ages: 16 - Pre-professional
SDI is for serious ballet students looking to expand their technique in an artistically supportive and developmentally appropriate environment. A minimum of 2 years of training required.
- FBP SDI offers sought after performing experience with an outdoor performance at Providence's acclaimed Waterfire.
- Additional performance opportunities conclude the program with a showcase performance in FBP's Black Box Theater at the end of the program.
- Students learn from internationally acclaimed teachers
- FBP Director will select Company Trainees for the 2022/2023 season exclusively from the SDI Program.
Please note, due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the changing restrictions placed on our industry, some decisions regarding the SDI program will be made at a later date. At this time, we have not determined whether we will have dorms available or if students will need to secure their own housing. Please sign up below for email notifications as updates become available.
For questions about the guidelines, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical questions, please check out our Help Desk for frequently asked questions.