Start an Application
Narrow your Search
Welcome to the GoPerforming National Virtual Festival FEATURING Mini Concert/Clinics by the internationally-renown BOSTON BRASS as well as our esteemed panel of clinicians including: Kevin Sedatole, Frank Ticheli, Jerry Junkin, and Robert Cameron!
This Festival is a non-competitive experience for High School Bands, Orchestras, & Chamber Ensembles. Bands can perform as a full symphonic band or wind ensemble with orchestra performance opportunities for full orchestra or string orchestra. Chamber Ensembles (strings/winds/percussion) will be able to perform with a minimum of four performers up to a full ensemble.
The Go Performing National Concert Festival is unique in that directors/conductors will choose their own concert programs – there isn’t a set repertoire list. There will not be any rankings or ratings so ensembles can explore and choose repertoire, not for a set rating, but toward exploration and musical excellence with clinics from amazing internationally renowned musicians and conductors.
We welcome you to our virtual festival and look forward to your performances either live on March 27, 2021 or recorded prior to our live festival.
Wishing you all good things,
GoPerforming is a division of MARS, inc., 5407 Germain Street, Stephens City, VA 22655 - Phone 1-540-869-1864
Highlights of the Go Performing National Concert Festival:
- Nationally recognized clinicians that will evaluate live, without ratings, to help you and your students reach the next level.
- The Boston Brass (www.bostonbrass.com) will also evaluate and present virtual clinics.
- A private clinic with one of the renown Festival Clinicians immediately following your performance which will be recorded and sent to each ensemble member.
- Bands/Orchestras will perform a maximum of 45 minutes of music.
- Chamber Ensembles will perform a maximum of 20 minutes of music.
- Can't participate on the day of the live festival? NOT A PROBLEM! You can experience the same feedback and written comments from our exemplary clinicians by recording your ensemble and sending the recording (by the deadline of March 19, 2021) to our National Virtual Festival Platform upon registering. Your ensemble will then receive recorded comments by our clinicians sent to you by the end of the festival on March 27, 2021 - it's THAT SIMPLE! Please note that full registration and payment must be received by March 1, 2021 in order to use the prerecorded virtual festival platform.
How to apply to perform:
- Performance space will be limited. Performance acceptance will be determined by application received date. Performance order will be determined by date of full payment for the festival via the live audition portal.
- Ensembles are responsible for the equipment necessary to capture their live performance while sending the live stream, via the Live Audition Site/Zoom. Go Performing staff will be available prior to and during the live performances to help with any technical difficulties. There are no limits to what kind of set up you use in regard to types of cameras, microphones, etc.
- After filling out the application form on http://goperforming.com/tour/goperforming-national-concert-festival/ a Go Performing Team Member will contact you for additional information in order to formally register, with payment, for the festival.
- You will then receive additional materials, guidelines, and payment procedures for the Festival from the GoPerforming office.