Start an Application
Narrow your Search
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2021 GOODLIN VIRTUAL FESTIVAL CLOSES ON MONDAY, MAY 3 AT 11:59PM.
Please create an Acceptd account by clicking HERE, and then select the performance category from the drop-down menu on the left to start your application.
The H. B. Goodlin Foundation Board proudly announces the 2021 H. B. Goodlin Virtual Festival, an online, video-based event, in which students will submit video recordings of their performances for review by a panel of judges. We are excited to be able to offer this event to support and reach out to the music students in San Diego County. We believe that the 2021 H. B. Goodlin Virtual Festival will honor and reward the hard work and talent of the San Diego County music students.
The format of the Virtual Festival follows the social distancing requirements that we all must practice at this time. We believe that the submission of video recordings following the guidelines below will provide a suitable performance under our current circumstances. It is our hope that the event encourages students to continue with their music studies and work toward a goal of musical excellence during these difficult times.
- This event is open to keyboardists and instrumentalists who reside in San Diego County. Applicants must be residents of San Diego County for at least one year prior to the audition date. Proof of residency is required.
- The teacher does NOT have to be a member of MTAC.
- Previous H. B. Goodlin Competition winners are welcome to enter.
- PROOF OF AGE DOCUMENT such as Birth Certificate, Passport, student ID with birthdate, or driver's license, is required for each applicant.
- Proof of San Diego County residency is required.
- Division I Keyboard (piano, organ, or harpsichord): through age 11 by May 3, 2021
- Division II Keyboard (piano, organ, or harpsichord): 12-14 years old, by May 3, 2021
- Division III Keyboard (piano, organ, or harpsichord): 15-18 years old, or in senior year of high school by May 3, 2021
- Junior Instrumental: under age 14 by May 3, 2021
- Senior Instrumental: 14-18 years old, or in senior year of high school by May 3, 2021
- All Divisions: $30.00
- May 3, 2021
For technical questions please check out our Help Desk for frequently asked questions.
ABOUT H. B. GOODLIN FOUNDATION
Established in 1993, the Helen B. Goodlin Foundation supports promising young musicians in San Diego County by offering educational programs and performance opportunities to the Southern California community. The Helen B. Goodlin Scholarship Competition, held every spring, awards monetary prizes to outstanding young San Diego County musicians. The Foundation’s “Kids Into Music” program (“KIM”), is a community outreach program that provides lesson scholarships for talented young musicians who otherwise cannot afford them. The Playathon is an annual fundraising recital for the Foundation, which is open to serious musicians of any age and any instrument. These programs are coordinated by the Music Teachers’ Association of California, San Diego Branch. The Goodlin funds are managed by The San Diego Foundation. For more information about the Helen B. Goodlin Foundation and its programs, please visit our website at HERE.