Start an Application
Narrow your Search
Have you ever dreamed of training with world class musicians while being simultaneously immersed in a stimulating academic and social environment? Imagine having the time to practice, study, and participate in school activities and co-curriculars without frantically working on homework in the car between commitments. Imagine living and learning with a diverse student body of musicians, artists, and creative thinkers from all over the country and the world.
Stuart Hall School is a premier Episcopal day and boarding school located in Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley, providing an exceptional college preparatory education for area day students in grades 5 through 12, and boarding students from around the world in grades 8 through 12. The School prepares students of all faiths for success in universities and for engaged lives of curiosity, creativity, and contribution. Through this innovative partnership with the Heifetz International Music Institute, the Crescendo program will offer Stuart Hall’s progressive curriculum alongside intensive music study in an environment that is developmentally appropriate and tailored to the well-being of these exceptional students.
Daily activities include private lessons, chamber music study, studio classes, multimedia training, and the Institutes’ renowned Performance & Communication Training program which guides musicians to discover their full creative potential and express their individuality not only through technically and intellectually robust music making, but also through emotional and even physical engagement with the music they play.
The Crescendo arena of study includes:
- World–renowned faculty from such institutions as The Juilliard School, New England Conservatory, and the Manhattan School of Music with special expertise in teaching exceptional young musicians (see full Faculty list below)
- Two in-person private lessons per week
- One in-person chamber music coaching per week
- AP Music Theory
- Dedicated and customized Heifetz Performance and Communication Training courses, under the purview of Communication Director Daniel Pettrow. Disciplines include Yoga Public Speaking, Movement, Media Production, and Freedom of Expression, and will include one online and one in-person session per week.
- Junior and Senior Recitals
- Performance and Touring opportunities with HEIR - the Heifetz Ensemble in Residence and/or Heifetz On Tour
- Significant discounts on sheet music and accessories through the Heifetz Music Store
- Access to master classes, seminars, and other functions presented by the renowned faculty of the Heifetz Institute.
- Preferred enrollment in the Heifetz Institute's flagship summer programs.
Stuart Hall School
Stuart Hall School provides an exceptional college preparatory education for area day students in grades 4 through 12, and boarding students from around the world in grades 8 through 12. Progressive and innovative, the School regularly pushes independent education to the next frontier as it prepares its students for engaged lives of curiosity, creativity, and contribution.MISSION - To prepare students of all faiths for success in universities worldwide and for engaged lives of intellectual curiosity, creativity, and contribution.
VISION - Stuart Hall will be the school of choice for parents of boarding and day students who want their children to be independent, self-aware, self-directed, and motivated and who — through meaningful, real-world learning experiences — have obtained mastery in knowledge and skills essential for engaged contribution to the world.
The Heifetz International Music Institute
Celebrating its 25th Anniversary Year in 2021, The Heifetz International Music Institute is a non-profit organization dedicated to the artistic growth and career development of the most talented and promising young musicians in the world. The Institute's renowned summer program is held on the campus of Mary Baldwin in Staunton, VA each summer, welcoming advanced young string players (violin, viola, cello, and doublebass) through a highly selective audition process. Through its innovative and cross-disciplinary Heifetz Performance & Communication Training , the Institute teaches musicians to communicate the emotion of music, beyond mere technical agility and beautiful playing, to explore their creative potential, and to redefine the concert experience. As an experiential program, students then put their training in both areas on display via the Institute’s extensive Festival of Concerts. The Institute’s additional programs include HeifetzPEG for young string students, Heifetz On Tour, and HEIR – the Heifetz Institute Ensemble in Residence, as well as a year-round gift and music store located in the heart of historic downtown Staunton, VA.Any questions? Please email us at email@example.com
For technical questions, please check out our Acceptd Applicant Support Help Desk.