Start an Application
Narrow your Search
The 2023 Hilton Head International Piano Competition is for pianists ages 13 - 17 and will be held March 13 - 18, 2023 in Hilton Head, South Carolina, USA.
- June 1, 2022: Applications available online
- September 30, 2022: Applications due
- November 30, 2022: Invitation to the 20 applicants chosen to participate in the HHIPC. Others will be notified as to their status.
- March 9 or 10, 2023: Competitors arrive in Hilton Head.
- March 13 and 14, 2023: Round I of the Competition (all 20 competitors)
- March 15 and 16, 2023: Round II of the Competition (all 20 competitors)
- March 17. 2023: Master Classes and Ambassador Program
- March 18, 2023: Round III Finals (5 competitors selected by the jury at the end of Round II) and Awards Ceremony
CHAPERONES: Competitors under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a chaperone. Competitors 15 to 17 years of age may choose to come unaccompanied or be accompanied by a chaperone. Any competitor 15-17 who elects to come unaccompanied must have his/her parent or guardian sign a waiver which will be provided by the Competition office.
HOST FAMILY ACCOMMODATIONS: Each competitor (and his/her chaperone, if applicable) stays in the home of a Host Family from arrival on March 9 or 10 to departure March 19, 2023, who provides lodging, food, all local transportation, and a grand piano for practice. If a competitor (and chaperone) wants to stay in the Hilton Head area for any days falling before or after the period of March 9 – 19, they will be responsible for arrangements and payment for their own lodging, food, and transportation. Host families will only host the named chaperone and not other family members or teachers.
JURIES: There are two juries for the 2023 Hilton Head International Piano Competition.
The Competitor Selection Jury will meet in November to evaluate, without discussion, all video audition files on the basis of commonly accepted musical criteria. The Jury will then select twenty (20) applicants to compete in the 2023 Hilton Head International Piano Competition. The Jury will also provide the competition administration with a rank ordered list of alternates. The Jury’s decision is final.
Competitor Selection Jury
- Jane Coop, Canada
- Douglas Humpherys, USA
- Janice Weber, USA
The Competition Jury will be on Hilton Head Island in March to listen to the 20 competitors’ live performances during Rounds I and II, select the 5 finalists and then, after the Finals Round select the prize winners.
- Alvin Chow – chair, USA
- Eteri Andjeparidze – Republic of Georgia/USA
- Lucille Chung - Canada/USA
- Arnaldo Cohen - Venezuela
- Yoshikazu Nagai, Japan
Before proceeding with this application, please review the following pages on the www.hhipc.org website in the 2023 Applicant Information section:
For guideline and requirement questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (843) 842-5880
For technical questions check out the Applicant Support Help Desk.