Start an Application
Narrow your Search
Blossom artistically in an immersive training experience, and prepare for the college audition process, at one of the top-ten ranked musical theatre programs in the country!
The Ithaca College Summer Theatre Intensive is a residential program, from July 3 - July 21, 2023 in beautiful the Finger Lakes of Central, New York where you can focus entirely on your passion and experience a taste of what it is like to be a student at IC.
Our program offers you intensive acting or musical theatre training, and prepares you for the college audition process. This is an immersive opportunity to experience rigorous theatrical training in varied disciplines taught by Ithaca College music, theatre and dance faculty.
Developed based on the highlights of our BFA Musical Theatre program in The School of Music, Theatre and Dance, the three-week intensive is filled with studio classes, college audition prep, rehearsing and preforming a review-styled show, and a variety of trips around Ithaca. To read more about the Summer Theatre Conservatory, please explore the website, email email@example.com, or call (607) 274-3345.
To learn more about The Center for Theatre and Dance within The School for Music, Theatre and Dance check out our website.
Step 1: Apply to Summer College at Ithaca College via the Campminder Application
Step 2: Apply to the Summer Theatre Conservatory at Ithaca College via Acceptd and pay the non-refundable $20 application fee. (A fee waiver is available for eligible students).
The Acceptd Application consists of the following requirements:
- A brief résumé (.pdf), including theatrical activities in high school, during summers, honors and awards received, leadership activities or offices held, and other significant non-theatrical activities.
- A current headshot or recent photo (.pdf).
- One (1) memorized Contemporary monologue (written after 1900) 60 – 90 seconds in length.
- Two contrasting songs: Each video should be 60–90 seconds, One song should be written prior to 1970. This song can be either the uptempo or the ballad (student’s choice). One song should be written after 1970 and contrast the style of the first.
- One dance prescreen is required: 30–60 seconds of dance in whatever dance discipline you are most comfortable with: jazz, ballet, modern, African, hip hop, lyrical, or contemporary – do what you love, move the way you love to move.
- Dance media can be self-choreographed but must be a solo video of you. This can include a show, competition, or other performance so long as you are clearly featured on your own.
- All choreography must be performed to music rather than a cappella dance media.
- All dance media should be filmed in a “head-to-toe” shot, taking care to keep the applicant’s entire body in the frame at all times.
Please submit separate video clips for each of the above. These videos can be filmed on a handheld device or phone. It is not necessary to submit professionally filmed or edited video. Simply make sure you can be seen and heard.
Timeline for Ithaca College Summer Theatre Conservatory
Admission is rolling, and review begins on or around January 15th, 2023. The application portal on Acceptd closes March 17th, 2023. A deposit for the conservatory will be required by mid-May 2023.
*For applicants unable to afford the fee to submit their materials through Acceptd, please check to see if you qualify for a fee waiver and what the next steps are here.
For more information please call 607-274-3345 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical questions, please visit the Acceptd Help Desk.