Start an Application
Narrow your Search
We strive to remove all barriers to applying, interviewing, auditioning and attending Ithaca College and the Department of Theatre Arts.
Hone Your Craft. Develop Your Mind. Live Your Passion.
Are you ready for a comprehensive college experience in a conservatory-style training program that has an ambitious main-stage season, distinctive study-abroad opportunities, and a rigorous curriculum working alongside expert faculty and guest artists?
From day one at Ithaca College, you will be in the shops, on the stage, up on the grid, and in classes getting the knowledge, skills, and experience you need to be ready for the profession. Get started uploading your materials now and apply to Ithaca! Check out our website.Step 1: Apply to Ithaca College via the Common Application (a $60 fee applies).
Step 2: Upload interview or audition materials on Acceptd.*
Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid.
Step 4: If an invitation is extended to you from the department, arrange for an interview or audition.
Step 5: Audition or interview (either in person or by phone/Skype).
Please Note: If you are interested in being considered for another theatre arts major you do not need to complete a second application. Please only complete one application. Your existing application will be used for review under a different major. The application fee is non-refundable.
Ithaca College Department of Theatre Arts Degree Programs:
- Theatre Studies (B.A.)
- Theatre Arts Management (B.S.)
- Theatre Production and Design (B.F.A.)
- Acting (B.F.A.)
- Stage Management (B.F.A.)
- Musical Theatre (B.F.A.)
Deadlines for Ithaca College (Common Application) and the Department of Theatre Arts (pre-screen application on Acceptd)
- Early Decision: November 1st (B.F.A. Theatre Production & Design, B.F.A. Stage Management, B.A. Theatre Studies, B.S. Theatre Arts Management only.)
- Regular Admission: December 1 (BFA Musical Theatre & BFA Acting)
- Regular Admission Extended Deadline: February 1 (BFA Theatre Production & Design, BA Theatre Studies, BFA Stage Management & BS Theatre Arts Management)
You will not receive any further notification regarding your prescreening until your applications (Common App and Acceptd) are complete.
For technical questions, please visit the Acceptd Help Desk.