Submit an Application or Free Interest Form
Narrow your Search
A) Because we have the degree options, the highly supportive and professionally engaged faculty, and the consistent hands-on production experience you are looking for to help grow your craft and expand your theatrical horizons in a brave, challenging and joyous atmosphere.
Choose from the following degree tracks:
1) Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Theatre:
This track is a choose-your-own-path-type degree where you can choose to gain insight into one or multiple areas of study across performance, design and technical production, while also receiving a well-rounded degree with many electives and a student-chosen minor.
2) Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) in Theatre, Musical Theatre Performance concentration
This is an in-depth degree track in all things musical theatre performance, with multiple levels of dance, private voice, acting and specialized musical theatre performance classes.
3) Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) in Theatre, Design and Technical Production concentration
This degree an in-depth educational journey in all things design and technical production, with multiple areas of focus to choose from to meet your career and future educational goals and specialized classes for each are of emphasis.
At IU South Bend, we know that which college you choose to attend is a very important decision. We pride ourselves on creating a professionally minded community of theatre makers with the goal of helping each of our students find their most trained, flexible, creative and unique artist within while preparing students for further study and/or the next steps in the industry.
Here are some of the highlights our program has to offer:
- An undergraduate only program. This means much more access to opportunity for you from your first semester to your final semester.
- The ability to work onstage and/or backstage from your first semester through your entire degree track.
- A small faculty to student ratio. This means a large amount of faculty access and individualized mentorship across classes and production experiences.
- A robust season of productions with a focus on creating opportunities for students to learn across a variety of genres of theatre.
- IU South Bend produces an annual children’s show called “Michele’s Little Hearts Children’s Theatre Program,” reaching as many as 8,000 elementary-aged students per year.
- A professionally working and experience driven faculty looking to help you achieve your highest levels of individual artistry in the field.
- A location about 75 miles outside of Chicago with a local commuter train that can take you round trip for less than $25.00.
- To add to all this - Our students consistently work in their chosen theatrical fields! Currently, we have many alumni working in television, film and theatre in Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago, major theme parks, international cruise lines, national tours and so much more!
If this sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to fill out a free interest form or, heck, if you're already convinced IU South Bend is on your list, go right ahead and fill out an application!
We'd love to hear from you and discuss what your future could look like with the internationally recognized power of an Indiana University degree and the close-knit community of theatrical excellence and experience that the IU South Bend Theatre & Dance Department can provide!
To see our Theatre & Dance Department website, please visit this link: http://theatreanddance.iusb.edu