Indiana University South Bend Theatre & Dance
Start an Application or Free Interest Form
Narrow your Search
Why Choose IU South Bend for Theatre & Dance
We know that which college you choose to attend is a very important decision. At IU South Bend, we pride ourselves on creating a professionally minded community of theatre makers with the goal of helping each of our students find their most trained, flexible, creative and unique artist within while preparing students for further study and/or the next steps in the industry.
Here are some of the highlights our program has to offer:
- An undergraduate only program. This means much more access to opportunity for you from your first semester to your final semester.
- The ability to work onstage and/or backstage from your first semester through your entire degree track.
- A small faculty to student ratio. This means a large amount of faculty access and individualized mentorship across classes and production experiences.
- A robust season of productions with a focus on creating opportunities for students to learn across a variety of genres of theatre.
- IU South Bend produces an annual children’s show called “Michele’s Little Hearts Children’s Theatre Program,” reaching as many as 8,000 elementary-aged students per year.
- A professionally minded, pedagogically driven faculty looking to help you achieve your highest levels of individual artistry in the field.
- A location about 75 miles outside of Chicago with a local commuter train that can take you round trip!