Start an Application
Narrow your Search
2022/2023 Concerto Competition for PIANO
** Deadline approaching: Friday, October 14, 2022 **
We are now accepting applications for our 2022/23 competition for pianists. The JSO*YAC honors top musicians, ages 23 and under, from national and international music institutions. Each year the instrumental focus changes; the 2022/23 cycle is for classical pianists performing a full concerto or similar repertoire. QUICK CLICK: Competition Guidelines / About JSO*YAC.The Jefferson Symphony Orchestra and YAC committee invite you to the Front Range of Colorado. Our competition — now in its 63nd year — offers cash prizes and exceptional solo opportunities for talented performers.
- Grand Prize - $5000
- Second Prize - $2000
- Third Prize - $1000
- As the JSO*YAC winner, your awards include a distinguished performance with the Jefferson Symphony Orchestra at the April 2023 Young Artists Concert. The Young Artist is also featured in a ~45 min. solo recital (Friday, March 31) for members and patrons of JSO as part of our Symphony Showcase series.
- Top three artists (Grand, Second, and Third prize) perform in a Winner's Showcase Recital following the January 14, 2023 competition. Each musician plays one movement/section of their repertoire for symphony patrons and attendees.
JSO*YAC KEY DATES
- OCT 14, 2022: Deadline for application, recording, and registration fees via Acceptd.
- All movements of your select concerto must be uploaded via Acceptd by our Round 1 deadline.
- NOV 8, 2022: Contestants, 12 finalists, and all applicants are notified about the results from Round 1.
- JAN 14, 2023: Round 2 / Live competition (12 finalists) and Winner's Showcase Recital (Top 3) in Colorado.
- MAR 31, 2023: Young Artist Showcase recital in Colorado. 35-45 minute recital, artist's choice of program.
- APR 2, 2023: Young Artists Concert with Jefferson Symphony Orchestra in Colorado.
- Conductor Scott O'Neil with Young Artist concerto + Dvorak Symphony 8
INFO + QUESTIONS
- Visit our JSO*YAC page for full guidelines and competition details.
- Contact email@example.com for any further inquiries.
For technical questions, please visit the Acceptd Help Desk.