Start an Application
Narrow your Search
School of Art and Design
CREATE YOUR WORLD HERE
Welcome to the School of Art and Design! The School of Art and Design (SOAAD) at Kennesaw State University is comprised of over 1,000 vibrant, creative, and talented art students, led by faculty members and professional staff devoted to the development of professional art educators, art historians, studio, and design artists and animators. Learn more about majoring in art and design and get your art degree at Kennesaw State University, located in the northern metropolitan Atlanta area.
The School of Art & Design admits students in the Fall (August) and Spring (January) semesters each year. We offer three degree programs for which you must submit a portfolio for entrance: the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Art (concentrations in ceramics, graphic communications, illustration, painting and drawing, photography, printmaking, sculpture, and sequential art), the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Digital Animation, and the Bachelor of Science in Art Education. If your degree is not one of these programs, you do not need to submit a portfolio.
You may use this application to:
- Apply for entrance as a major in the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Art, the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Digital Animation, or the Bachelor of Science in Art Education
- Apply to your upper-level concentration area (after completing the required coursework)
- Request a review of your BFA Senior Capstone Portfolio as part of your graduation requirements
- Request a review of transfer or AP credit, or prior learning experience
- Apply for a merit-based scholarship from the School of Art & Design (accepted majors only)
The August 1 review is for transfer or AP credit only; it is not an entrance review or a concentration review.
- October 1 (entrance, concentration, credit review)
- November 1 (entrance, concentration, credit review)
- February 1 (entrance, concentration, credit review)
- March 1 (entrance, concentration, credit review)
- November 13 (graphic communications concentration ONLY)
- March 13 (graphic communications portfolio ONLY)
If you are not already a Kennesaw State student, please submit your application to the university before completing this application (you will need your KSU ID number). You DO NOT need to have been admitted to KSU before completing this application and submitting your portfolio.
If you are a currently enrolled KSU Student, all future communication will be sent to your KSU student email address. If you are not currently enrolled at KSU, please provide a valid email that you check regularly.
Kennesaw State University
School of Art & Design