Start an Application
Narrow your Search
LA Phil Resident Fellows, 2020-2021 Designed to support up to five early-career symphonic musicians representing or serving historically underrepresented populations, this paid LA Phil fellowship focuses on artistic excellence, career development, and immersive orchestra mentorship through a 1-3 year appointment as a musician playing with the Los Angeles Philharmonic.
- Performance with the Orchestra during 20 weeks of each season
- Participate in chamber music and/or Green Umbrella new music concerts
- Tour with the LA Phil
- Compensation and Other Benefits (further details will be contained in an offer letter to those selected):
- Weekly Salary
- Fellowship stipend to cover additional living/housing expenses
- Benefits (life, health, dental, disability, and instrument insurance)
- Reimbursement for semi-monthly private lessons
- A travel stipend for reasonable audition travel
- Mentorship with an LA Phil Musician
- Opportunity to engage with LA Phil’s innovative Education and Community Programs
- Early-career symphonic musicians representing or serving populations that have historically been underrepresented in symphonic orchestras including, but not limited to:
- Musicians of African-American, Hispanic, Native American, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander descent; and/or
- Individuals with demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion in the arts, learning, and civic leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Eligible for employment in the United States (the LA Phil will not sponsor visas for LA Phil Resident Fellows)
- Instrumental area: Violin, Viola, Cello
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status or any other basis prohibited under federal, state or local law. The Association also provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Biographical information
- Resume with performance history
- Short Essay Responses
- Pre-screening audition
- video recording
Application Deadline: January 10, 2020 11:59pm PDT
Audition invitations and declinations: Friday, January 17, 2020
For technical questions please contact the Acceptd Support Team at email@example.com or by calling 1-888-725-2122. Check out our Help Desk for frequently asked questions.