Submit a Free Interest Form!
Narrow your Search
Become the Musician the World Needs You to Be.
Because the world needs music now more than ever, Longy has reimagined conservatory education. We are leading the seismic shift, by centering music as social change, expanding the world’s understanding of what a life in music can mean. We prepare you to engage new audiences, teach anyone, anywhere — and make a difference with your music.
This mission is at the core of our innovative Catalyst Curriculum, which is customized to focus on the skills, knowledge and experience you’ll need for the career paths you want to explore.
Learn more at Longy.edu, or complete an inquiry form on the left-hand sidebar and our office will be in touch!
HOW TO APPLY
Start an application
Gather your application materials.
- Artistic Résumé
- Personal Statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Transcripts – all transcripts must be in English. Applicants must upload an unofficial copy of transcripts from prior undergraduate and/or graduate work as part of their online application for admissions. Official transcripts are required only after an offer of admission is made and accepted.
- English Proficiency Scores – for non-native English speakers only. Unofficial TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test required for the application. Official scores are required only after an offer of admissions is accepted. See the International Students page for score requirements.
- International Applicants – see additional requirements.
- Spring performance applicants will audition by uploading video recordings to their online application. Composition applicants will submit scores and recordings via the online application, then participate in a live virtual interview on November 10, 2022.
- Early Action Fall performance applicants will audition by uploading video recordings to their online application. Composition applicants will submit scores and recordings via the online application, then participate in a live virtual interview on December 14, 2022.
- Regular Action Fall performance applicants may choose to attend live auditions in February. However, we strongly encourage you to audition by video recording. We would rather you feel confident in the recordings you prepare, then join us on campus for a Longy Visit Day. We’ll curate a day full of exciting activities, where you can explore our historic buildings, engage meaningfully with our community, and see how Longy is changing the face of conservatory education. Composition applicants will submit scores and recordings via the online application, then participate in a live virtual interview on February 8-9, 2023.
Visit our Audition page for repertoire requirements.After the January 5 application deadline, Longy processes applications on a rolling basis. Please contact the Office of Admissions for more details.
Attend a Longy Visit Day!
- Sunday, March 26, 2023
- Saturday, April 1, 2023
PROGRAMS OF STUDY
Jazz & Contemporary Music
Master of Music in Music Education (Online)
Master of Music in Music Education (In-Person)
SCHOLARSHIPS AND FINANCIAL AID
We invest in musicians with the potential to make a difference in the world. Whether you found music at age 2 or 22, there’s a place for you at Longy. Here, all lived experiences and skills are welcome and all kinds of musicians succeed. We pledge to remove barriers to your conservatory education. For example, when we award scholarships, we look to how you’ll contribute, both artistically and personally.
Average Aid Received by Each Student: 55%