Start an Application
Narrow your Search
Kitt School of Music at Northern Arizona University
Join a diverse community of passionate performers, innovative learners, and expressive musicians. Whatever your instrument, style, or professional goals, you’ll find a home in the Kitt School of Music while studying with talented, award-winning professors.
Here are a few reasons you'll love NAU:
- Study music in mountainous Flagstaff, AZ—with endless opportunities for outdoor adventure—you can raft the Colorado River, explore the San Francisco Peaks, experience the Grand Canyon, or ski a black diamond run.
- Perform early and often! We’re committed to providing an exceptional and educational environment for musicians who wish to participate in one of our many ensembles.
- Take the stage in world class performance venues, including state-of-the-art Kitt Recital Hall.
- Learn the skills every employer wants: from teamwork, leadership, and creative problem solving...to critical thinking, cultural fluency, and artistic expression
All applicants to undergraduate degree programs (majors and minor) and graduate performance and conducting programs must audition on their principal instrument or voice.
1. Apply to NAU through Undergraduate Admissions. Apply online here.
2. Submit a School of Music application.
3. Audition according to the requirements of your principal instrument or voice as seen here.
If you are unable to attend an in-person audition in Flagstaff, please submit a pre-recorded audition (see below).
Pre-recorded audition submissions
- Our full-time faculty will review audition materials submitted through Acceptd, as they do with in-person auditions. Links to information on the audition materials to submit are provided below.
- Audition on or before Saturday, March 2, 2024, for full scholarship consideration.
1. Apply to NAU through the Graduate College. Apply online here.
2. Visit the School of Music Graduate Program website and explore the specific Master of Music emphasis that interests you.
3. Submit audition materials as required by your specific emphasis (See nau.edu/music/auditions for requirements)
For technical questions please check out our Help Desk for frequently asked questions.