Start an App or Interest Form
Narrow your Search
Nazareth College’s academic strengths cross an unusually broad spectrum of 60 majors, including education, health, and human services, management, the fine arts, music, theater, math and science, foreign languages, and the liberal arts. The coeducational, religiously independent, classic campus in a charming suburb of Rochester, N.Y., challenges and supports 2,200 undergrads and 700 graduate students. Nazareth is recognized nationally for its Fulbright global student scholars and commitment to civic engagement. Rigorous programs, an uncommon arts, and sciences core, experiential learning, career skills, and a global focus prepare graduates for not just one job, but for their life’s work.
School of Music: Featuring 6 different majors, 17+ ensembles, and professional work like singing with Josh Groban or studying abroad in Ireland. Not to mention, our state of the art facilities to learn in!
Theatre & Dance Department: Pursue Musical Theatre (BFA), Theatre Arts (BA, can be paired with Education), or Theatre Design & Technology (BFA) with faculty who have worked professionally. There are various opportunities to perform, study in London, and work on new and emerging theatre.
Art & Design Department: Students can create through Studio Art, Visual Communication Design, Art Education and Art History. Whether it be Saturday Art School or including your work in one of three art galleries, our students have various opportunities to pursue professional work.
Visual and Performing Arts: How to Apply and Audition/Submit Portfolio
1. Complete the appropriate application:
First-time students have the option to apply Early Decision (November 15th), Regular Decision (February 1st). Keep in mind if your audition/review is scheduled after these dates you will not receive any notification until your audition/review is complete.
2. Schedule your portfolio review or audition:
- Musical Theatre majors will be required to pass a prescreen before they can sign up for an audition using the Acceptd Application (DUE January 15th). IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A FEE WAIVER- please email Amanda Brady at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you've passed the prescreen, you will be invited to schedule your audition through Acceptd. Please note: Musical Theatre audition days are Dec 9th, Jan 16th, Feb 20th and March 3rd (ON CAMPUS), Jan 12th-15th (FL), Jan 28-29 (NYC), Feb 6-9 (CHICAGO). We also have auditions through specific organizations.
3. Prepare for your audition or your portfolio review using the details below:
Please be patient as we update the following information for the 2022-23 Application cycle.
Music | Theatre | Dance | Art
Visit here for more information! We encourage you to apply and/or fill out an interest form.
For any questions regarding the review process please email Amanda Brady, Associate Director of Admissions, email@example.com. For technical questions, please visit the Acceptd Help Desk.