Start an Application
Narrow your Search
TAKE THE NEXT BIG STEP FOR YOUR FUTURE!
- FREE tuition
- FREE housing
- Solo opportunities
- Food stipend
- Partial travel stipend
- More repertoire than any other summer music festival
The Opportunity of a Lifetime in Breckenridge
Based in the beautiful and historic mountain town of Breckenridge, CO, the National Repertory Orchestra (NRO) is a preeminent intensive summer music festival developing diverse, thoughtful, and socially conscious musicians through experiential learning. We inspire young professional musicians to be great leaders in their communities while Changing Lives Through Music!
Under the baton of Music Director Michael Stern, musicians will perform nearly 20 full orchestra programs. Musicians will also create their own interactive chamber music program as part of the NRO’s Community Engagement initiative.
A small group may have the opportunity to perform for the Breckenridge International Festival of Arts slated for mid-August 2023. The offer is not mandatory, and musicians will be invited based on their availability and instrumentation.
Application Fees and Deadlines
This year, the NRO will exclusively offer video submissions and an early application fee of just $40. Applications are accepted online and must be accompanied by the fee upon submission.
$40 from October 17, 2022, until December 9, 2022
$65 from December 10, 2022, until January 13, 2023
$85 from January 14, 2023, until February 7, 2023
$125 from February 8, 2023, until February 10, 2023
*All fees are non-refundable, non-transferable, and applicable until the deadline date at 11:59 PM, MST. The NRO will NOT host live or in-person auditions and only accepts video submissions.
The deadline to apply to the NRO Summer Music Festival is 11:59 PM, MST on Friday, February 10, 2023.
View and download at nromusic.org/auditions/.
All applicants must be 18 through 29 years of age and will have completed at least one year of college, university, or conservatory by June 18, 2023.
International students must have a current visa and be eligible for OPT or CPT to participate in the NRO.
Now, you can audition at the convenience of your schedule!
The NRO will offer video auditions submitted via Acceptd beginning on October 17, 2022. There will be no in-person or live auditions. (Send your recorded audition by December 10 take advantage of the $40 application fee!) Review excerpts, rules and tips at Auditions (nromusic.org).Submitting your audition video is as easy as using your phone camera or computer! Just follow the steps below.
Video Audition Rules
- Audio effects are not permitted.
- Recordings that are altered or have been edited will not be considered for acceptance.
- Incomplete or late submissions will not be accepted.
- ONLY ONE submission is allowed.
Video Audition Requirements
- Announce your first and last name at the beginning of the video.
- Record your video submission in the order listed.
- The recording MUST be completed in one continuous take.
- Stopping and starting between segments is not permitted.
Video Audition Tips
- Use the most updated versions of internet browsers for the best video upload speed.
- Dress comfortably but professionally.
- Watch and listen to your video before submission, checking for audio levels, and the video's visual presentation overall.
- Plan ahead. Late submissions will not be accepted!
Accepted "Acceptd" Video Files
MPEG, MPG, MP4, OGG, MOV, AVI, WMV, M4V, VOB, FLV