Start an Application
Narrow your Search
2024 NSAL DREYFOOS CONCERTO COMPETITION
Mission: To encourage the study of concerti and development of solo performance skills while expanding the repertoire performed by the A.W. Dreyfoos Philharmonic Orchestra.
Competition sponsored by the National Society of Arts and Letters of Florida
APPLICATION DEADLINE January 3, 2024
First round will consist of a recorded performance submitted with the application
Finalists will be announced January 6, 2024
LIVE FINAL ROUND Saturday, January 27 at 11:00 am at the Amarnick-Goldstein Concert Hall at Lynn University located at 3601 N. Military Trail in Boca Raton
WINNERS CONCERT: May 2, 2024
Dreyfoos Philharmonic , Meyer Hall, A.W. Dreyfoos High School of the Performing Arts, West Palm Beach, Fla
Winners Showcase: NSAL Star Maker Awards, March 26th at 6:00 pm, Royal Palm Yacht Club, Boca Raton.
Four special jury prizes of $500.00
- Open to instrumentalists, pianists, and vocalists.
- Contestants must be currently enrolled at the A.W. Dreyfoos High School for the Performing Arts.
- Contestants must not be a member of a professional union nor be under professional management at the time of the competition.
- No changes to the repertoire to be performed can be made after the preliminary application is submitted.
- Applicants must complete the Accepted application by January 3, 2024
- Application fee: $35.00
- Repertoire: One movement of a concerto or a single movement work or aria
- Repertoire selection must be approved by Mr. Adkins prior to submission.
- Repertoire must be memorized
1. Both preliminary and final round juries will consist of an outside panel of professionals
2. Judge’s score sheets may include comments on the performances. Score sheets may be sent to the contestants following conclusion of the competition at the discretion of the judges.