Start an Application
Narrow your Search
NSAL COLLABORATIVE PIANO AND BRASS DUO COMPETITION
Mission: To celebrate piano-brass collaboration and repertoire while identifying duos with the artistic and technical capacity to succeed professionally.
Competition sponsored by the National Society of Arts and Letters of Florida
PRELIMINARY VIDEO RECORDING DUE JANUARY 15, 2023, EXTENDED THROUGH FEBRUARY 1
LIVE FINAL ROUND FEBRUARY 25, 2023
Amarnick- Goldstein Hall, Lynn University, Conservatory of Music, Boca Raton, Florida
- First Prize - $2,000 each
- Second Prize - $1,500 each
- Third Prize - $1000 each
- Open to duos of piano and brass including trumpet, French horn, tenor trombone, bass trombone, euphonium, and tuba.
- Contestants must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program of study in the state of Florida where they are a legal resident and have a U.S. Social Security number. Proof is required with the competition application.
- Contestants must not be a member of a professional union nor be under professional management at the time of the competition. Contestants must not be related to an NSAL member having any involvement in the competition.
- Duo personnel must remain the same for both rounds.
- No changes to the repertoire to be performed can be made after the preliminary application is submitted.
- Applicants must complete the Accepted application by January 15, 2023, now extended through February 1, 2023
- Application fee: $50.00
- Preliminary round video recording must consist of:
- A complete sonata or major work from repertoire written for a brass instrument and piano (no transcriptions or concerti). Selection must be greater than 10 minutes in length.
- A concert/show piece/character piece lasting no longer than six minutes (transcriptions permitted).
- Finalists will be notified via email by January 25, 2023, now FEBRUARY 7, 2023
- Finalists must perform the same program submitted for the preliminary round.
- Judges are not obligated to designate a first place winner if, in their opinion, no contestant qualifies.
- Judge’s score sheets may include comments on the performances. Score sheets may be sent to the contestants following conclusion of the competition at the discretion of the judges.
Local Competition Chairperson: Lisa Leonard