Start an Application or Free Interest Form
Narrow your Search
PRISMA 2023 APPLICATIONS!
PRISMA takes place June 12 – 24, 2023 in Powell River, British Columbia, on the beautiful west coast of Canada – a stunning setting where the mountains meet the sea.
- Our in-depth orchestral training program is designed to provide advanced students and young professionals with the essential tools to win a position in a professional orchestra.
- Internationally renowned artists from the world’s finest symphony orchestras teach, mentor and perform at PRISMA.
- Masterclasses, workshops, private lessons, mock auditions, rehearsals and performances bridge the education students receive at a university/conservatory and the professional life of an orchestra musician.
Consider studying at PRISMA if you:
- Are passionate about music
- Want to raise your technical and musical skills to a higher level
- Are interested in learning from and networking with guest artists and peers
- Want to be part of a supportive and collaborative learning environment
Program and Guest Artists
PRISMA’s 2023 orchestra program will feature Dvorak, Brahms, Mahler, Stravinsky, and more, charismatically led by artistic director Arthur Arnold, former music director and conductor of the Moscow Symphony Orchestra. All accepted students will participate in the PRISMA Festival Orchestra 2023. Our esteemed guest artists are members of some of the world’s leading orchestras, such as Berlin Philharmonic, Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, LA Philharmonic, Montreal Symphony, Vancouver Symphony, New York Philharmonic, and more. Students will work with the guest artists on a daily basis.
PRISMA offers full and partial scholarships. If you have completed the application to PRISMA and wish to be considered for a scholarship, please apply here.
The application deadline is February 28, 2023.
PRISMA’s annual Concerto Competition provides young, talented instrumentalists with an opportunity to showcase their musical prowess. Semifinalists will play solo with the PRISMA Festival Orchestra during the final concert. The winner will receive a $1,500 prize.
Two students/assistant conductors will rehearse and conduct the concerto competition finals and get to work with the orchestra regularly in masterclasses and select rehearsals. To apply, follow the application procedure and select "Conducting" under “Program".
(Scholarships are not available for this program)
- $50 USD November 1, 2022 - December 31, 2023
- $75 USD January 1, 2023 - February 28, 2023
How to Apply:
- Create a free account on Acceptd or login if you have an account.
- Choose the instrument/discipline from the "Select Program" dropdown to the left
- Complete the online application form
- Submit your resume
- Submit the link to your audition video (YouTube links only, make sure the setting of your video is “public” or “unlisted”.)
- Please combine any separately-recorded excerpts into a single Youtube video.
- Pay the application fee
- Click "Pay & Submit". Once you press send you cannot go back into the application. Any additional materials can be sent to email@example.com.
Students will be notified by email no later than March 31, 2023, with the application results.
For more information visit www.prismafestival.com
For the audition requirements, click here.
Questions? Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the What We Offer page for more details.
For technical questions regarding your application, please contact the Acceptd Help Desk.
PRISMA wishes to acknowledge the Tla’amin Nation, on whose ancestral territories we gather each summer for two weeks of inspiring music-making.