Start an Application
Narrow your Search
The Reading Musical Foundation is thrilled that we are able to complete our 2020 scholarship auditions through this virtual platform. We look forward to receiving your materials and wish you every success with your audition.
- These auditions are ONLY for students who previously registered for RMF’s 2020 Scholarship Auditions that were supposed to be held on March 14 and 15, 2020. New registrations will not be accepted.
- The deadline full complete and submit an application is Sunday, June 21, 2020, by 11:59 ET (Eastern Time). DO NOT WAIT UNTIL DEADLINE DAY! Even small files can take many hours to upload. Submit your application early.
How to Apply
- Prepare your audition video(s) – check our FAQ page for full details/instructions
- For applicants in grades 7-12, you will need to upload copies of your sheet music to accompany your audition video. Please see the note below if you need help with this process. Students in Grades 1-6 DO NOT need to upload their sheet music.
- Complete the application on Acceptd, an online application tool.
- Click SUBMIT by June 21, 2020, at 11:59 pm ET (Eastern Time).
Uploading Sheet Music:
Only students in grades 7-12 are required to upload a copy of their sheet music that corresponds with their audition video. This will need to be uploaded as a jpeg or pdf, and all pages need to be a single document (the system doesn’t allow music to be uploaded one page at a time). Volunteers from RMF’s Scholarship Committee has graciously offered to help students without access to a scanner/pdf creation tool. If you need help with this, please email your images to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the time needed to convert the images, we cannot accept files later than Friday, June 19, at 3:00 PM.
Audition Video Tips
- The recording should be one continuous take. Any evidence of video edits will disqualify the audition.
- Students' full face/hands/body must be visible in the video. Pianists’ videos should show pedal work while keeping the hands and face in the frame.
- The maximum video size is 4GB – the larger the video, the longer it will take to load
- Small rooms with good acoustic qualities will create the best recording
- Have the camera in a stationary position (don’t have your camera person walking around)
- Make sure there is no background noise while recording. (TVs, dishes clattering, phone conversations, dogs barking) The mics on our devices are very good at picking up ambient noise.
- Please dress as if this were a live audition. We know you’re on summer break, but please be sure to wear what you would have worn (including shoes!) in your video.
- For more tips, tricks, & best practices for digital auditions, look at Acceptd’s recommendations here (link). There is no need to purchase special equipment for this audition. Your cell phone or school-issued chromebook has the technology needed to complete the video. Our adjudicators have been doing virtual reviews and recognize video quality may differ by student, and video quality will not be assessed.