Start an Application
Narrow your Search
The Reading Musical Foundation is thrilled that we are able to complete our 2021 scholarship auditions through this virtual platform. We look forward to receiving your materials and wish you every success with your audition.
- These auditions are ONLY for students who have registered for RMF’s 2021 Scholarship Auditions. New registrations will not be accepted.
- This platform is for the following applicants (if your audition falls outside of this category and you did not receive instructions, please contact RMF's office.):
- Piano (Grades 1-6)
- Strings (Grades 1-6)
- Woodwind & Brass (Grades 5-6)
- Percussion (Grades 7-12)
- Guitar (Grades 4-6)
- The deadline to complete and submit an application is Monday, March 8, 2021, by 11:59 ET (Eastern Time). DO NOT WAIT UNTIL DEADLINE DAY! Even small files can take many hours to upload. Submit your application early.
How to Apply
- Prepare your audition video(s) – check our FAQ page for full details/instructions
- For applicants in grades 7-12, you will need to email copies of your music to Mike Buterbaugh, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the note below if you need help with this process. Students in Grades 1-6 DO NOT need to upload their sheet music.
- Complete the application on Acceptd, an online application tool.
- Click SUBMIT by Monday, March 8, 2021, at 11:59 pm ET (Eastern Time).
Audition Video Tips
- For applicants with two videos - please record each video separately.
- The recording should be one continuous take. Any evidence of video edits will disqualify the audition.
- Students' full face/hands/body must be visible in the video. Pianists’ videos should show pedal work while keeping the hands and face in the frame.
- The maximum video size is 4GB – the larger the video, the longer it will take to load
- Small rooms with good acoustic qualities will create the best recording
- Have the camera in a stationary position (don’t have your camera person walking around)
- Make sure there is no background noise while recording. (TVs, dishes clattering, phone conversations, dogs barking) The mics on our devices are very good at picking up ambient noise.
- Please dress as if this were a live audition. We know you’re on summer break, but please be sure to wear what you would have worn (including shoes!) in your video.
- For more tips, tricks, & best practices for digital auditions, look at Acceptd’s recommendations here. There is no need to purchase special equipment for this audition. Your cell phone or school-issued chromebook has the technology needed to complete the video. Our adjudicators have been doing virtual reviews and recognize video quality may differ by student, and video quality will not be assessed.