Start an Application
Narrow your Search
Please select a program under "Start an Application" on the left-hand side of this page to learn more about Chamber Music or The RSC ChamberMusicLab program. Please find a brief description of each program below:
RSC Chamber Music Programs
The Rivers School Conservatory offers three programs of chamber music instruction. Chamber Music study offers a window on to a fantastic and rich world of music, one in which many famous composers made their most profound and enduring contributions to the repertoire. Chamber music training teaches essential extra-instrumental skills. One must hear and play one’s part in the context of the whole, much like living one’s life as part of a community. These skills, uniquely learned through immersion in chamber music, translate directly into skills young people need to succeed in any field – medicine, law, and many others in which the combination of talent, grit, and collaboration are critical success factors. Thousands of career professionals in fields other than music spend their lives playing and enjoying chamber music as amateurs based on the training they received at an early age.
Studio Chamber Music (Tuition $675 per semester)
For students (typically ages 8+) interested in gaining chamber music experience. Depending on instrumentation available from the applicant pool, students will generally be placed in duos, trios, or quartets, including string, piano, woodwind, and brass players. Students are carefully matched in terms of playing level, age, experience, and temperament, and receive one hour of coaching each week with an experienced RSC faculty member. Studio Chamber Music is led by RSC’s Associate Director of Chamber Music, Kristen Krauss who can be contacted at email@example.com.
- Open to anyone by audition
- 1 hourly weekly coaching; Schedule windows: Tuesday 5-8PM; Friday 5:30-7:30PM; Saturday 9-2PM
- Ample workshop and recital opportunities
- September 12 online application deadline; no recordings required
- Live auditions: September 17 from 4 – 8 PM and September 18 from 10 AM – 4 PM; please bring your current solo repertoire and scales
RSC ChamberMusicLab (Tuition $1010 per semester)
For serious young instrumentalists; exposure to more serious chamber music study and overlaps with Honors ChamberMusicLab master classes. Provides students with priority consideration for admission to Honors ChamberMusicLab in future years.
- Open by audition to ages 10-18
- 2-3 hours every Saturday; 9AM -12PM
- 1 hour coaching; 1 hour rehearsal with rehearsal assistant;
- 1 hour master class 8 times per semester; Regular workshop and performance opportunities.
- Hour-long master classes 8 times per semester; Regular workshop and performance opportunities
Honors ChamberMusicLab (Full Scholarship)
- Open by audition to ages 14-18 (Generally grades 9-12)
- 3 hours every Saturday; 9AM -12PM or 11AM -2PM
- 5 hours coaching; 1.5 hours rehearsal
- Master Class 8 times per semester; frequent workshop, master class and performances
An intensive tuition-free program of study for highly advanced high-school students. ChamberMusicLab demands a serious commitment to the study of chamber music. Many students who have participated in ChamberMusicLab have gone on study at major American and European conservatories. Most ChamberMusicLab ensembles learn at least one complete work during the year. Ensembles are encouraged in major competitions and to present complete public recitals.
For further information please go to https://www.riversschoolconservatory.org/programs/chamber-music/chambermusiclab/
If you have any questions about the program or application, please contact Bruce Coppock at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-235-6840.
For any technical questions, please check out the Acceptd Applicant Support Help Desk.