Start an Application
Narrow your Search
The Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama is the National Conservatoire of Wales. It contributes to the cultural identity of Cardiff and Wales and attracts some of the most gifted students from around the world.
We provide specialist practical and performance-based training in music and drama, enabling students to enter and influence the world of music, theatre and related professions.You will be based in the College’s stunning landmark building in the heart of Cardiff, overlooking beautiful, urban parkland, and just a 5-minute walk to the heart of the city centre.
With fewer than 1,000 students, the College is small enough that you won’t get lost in the crowd. It’s a very special place and we hope you will feel very much at home.
Welcome to the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama's online audition process. To be considered for a place at the RWCMD, applicants must have already applied through UCAS.
BMus, MMus & Postgraduate Music
BA/MA Musical Theatre
MA Stage & Event Management
MA Arts Management
BA Design for Performance
BA Stage Management & Technical Theatre
Foundation Degree in Scenic Construction
For 2022/23 entry, all candidates will be required to submit a recorded audition/portfolio in support of their application. You will be able to submit these using the Acceptd platform. You can view our audition guidance for each discipline HERE
Example uses of the Acceptd platform can be found below:
- Submit a music audition recording to accompany a UCAS Conservatoires application.
- Submit a composition portfolio to accompany a UCAS Conservatoires application.
- Submit CV and supporting statement for Opera Directing.
- Submit a portfolio submission for BA/MA Design for Performance ahead of your interview.
- Submit a portfolio submission for BA/MA Stage Management ahead of your interview.
- Submit supporting material for Foundation Degree in Scenic Construction ahead of your interview.