Start an Application
Narrow your Search
You are invited to audition and participate in the 2022 Sarasota Music Festival (June 5-June 26, 2022), one of classical music’s finest teaching festivals.
This is an opportunity for 60 pre-professional musicians to work side-by-side with 40 esteemed guest faculty.
Highlights of the Sarasota Music Festival for previous participants include:
- The opportunity to perform chamber music alongside esteemed faculty members in the Sarasota Opera House to chamber music enthusiasts.
- The ability to choose their chamber music repertoire.
- Working on more than 6 chamber works and 5 chamber orchestra pieces in 3 weeks' time.
- Creating and performing chamber music programs for community outreach across Sarasota County.
- Performing solo works in master classes each week for faculty artists.
This year in addition to all of the above, the Festival will also feature:
- 2 composers will be in Sarasota throughout the Festival, including Gabriel Kahane and Caroline Shaw. Both composer/performers will present a special recital during the Festival. Additionally, Festival fellows will have the opportunity to perform works by these composers and receive coaching from the composers themselves.
- Quartet in Residence - The Calidore String Quartet will be in-residence for one week of the Festival. Quartet members will coach chamber music ensembles, perform on several concerts, and host a string quartet master class, including a Q+A session.
On any given day during the festival, a fellow may rehearse in a faculty-coached ensemble, play in master classes, and perform chamber music and orchestral repertoire on stage. Interspersed, are those coveted opportunities for faculty and fellows to rehearse and perform chamber music together. Everyone will perform chamber music in public concerts and a select few will play at churches and service organizations throughout the community.
Applications to the 2022 Sarasota Music Festival are open until February 15!
Sarasota Music Festival application fee is $100. Early application fee is $75 (must apply by 11:59 pm EST on December 31, 2021).
Final deadline for all instruments is midnight EST on February 15, 2022.
Final deadline for librarians is midnight EST on February 28, 2022.
Due to the ongoing challenges created by the COVID-19 pandemic, Sarasota Music Festival will accept applications that do not strictly adhere to the stated audition requirements. For questions regarding audition requirements, please reach out to Olivia Steinman Deems at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical questions, please check out our Help Desk for frequently asked questions.
All Sarasota Music Festival faculty and fellows will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by June 1, 2022. “Fully vaccinated” is defined as two weeks past the CDC recommended time periods for administration and includes all CDC recommended booster vaccinations. Proof of vaccination will be required upon acceptance. SMF cannot provide any accommodation that would pose a significant risk of substantial harm to others at the Festival.