Acceptd + My College Audition Scholarships
Start an Application
Narrow your Search
The core mission of Acceptd and My College Audition* is to help people in the arts community flourish. We firmly believe everyone should have the opportunity to receive training that empowers them to be their most confident, individual, and incredible selves as they work toward achieving their goals in the arts. My College Audition has always been especially conscious of providing exceptional coaching and mentorship to passionate students and properly compensating performing artists for their time. In alignment with this mission and our values, we are excited to introduce our new scholarship program offerings for 2020-2021**.
Why is mentorship in this process important?
Applying to college is an incredibly arduous task in itself, let alone applying to college and auditioning for performing arts programs. Beyond the required applications for a university or college, musical theatre and acting hopefuls have to prepare a multitude of various audition requirements, submit prescreen videos and attend “live” auditions. It’s a process that extends well beyond the typical college application timeline and requires double the amount of effort, time and resources.
It’s incredibly important to have a mentor to help guide you through the inevitable ups and downs and curveballs that this process will throw your way. Understanding what is expected in the process month to month, how to successfully meet deadlines, what’s appropriate in audition material, how to navigate decisions, etc., is a lot to tackle on your own. We’re here to help.
We would be so thrilled to help guide you on this journey to land at your dream school. We’ll help you feel in control of the process and proud of the work you present in the room.
With our scholarships, we aim to:
- Provide guidance, coaching and skill development through the Acceptd/MCA coaching and mentorship program to students who will be pursuing a higher education in the performing arts and who are experiencing financial hardship.
- Support students of all backgrounds and identities, especially those in underrepresented and/or marginalized groups, including but not limited to race/ethnicity, national origin, sexual identity, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, ability/disability, etc., who have a passion for the performing arts.
- Elevate voices and support students with diverse socioeconomic backgrounds and those that are often members of marginalized groups within the performing arts community.
- Cultivate the love of the arts for those who may not have access to performing arts education in their community or high school.
For the class of 2021, Acceptd and My College Audition will grant a total of 6 scholarships to applicants. All applicants chosen to receive a scholarship will receive the following:
- An Initial Consultation
- A personal consultant for the entire college audition process, who you’ll meet with once a month (October - April)
- An Assigned Student Mentor to meet with once a month (October - April)
- A digital Mock Audition
- Access to the Full Webinar Series for 2020/2021
- Access to Self-Led Courses in Music Theory and Dance
- Prescreen and Digital Audition Package
- ALL application and prescreen submission fees waived through the Acceptd platform***.
After your Initial Consultation you will be rewarded with an individualized coaching plan which will include 1-on-1 coaching hours for monologue selection/preparation, song selection/preparation, dance preparation, interview preparation, and/or acting for the song lessons.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.
*Acceptd, Inc. is a Delaware Corporation and My College Audition is an Ohio Limited Liability Company.
**This scholarship is an offering of free services from Acceptd and My College Audition and not does not include a monetary payment.
***Does not include fees related to tuition, room/board, travel, etc.