Start an Application
Narrow your Search
Steps on Broadway is THE place to dance!
We have a full daily schedule of in-studio classes as well as the continuation of our virtual classes. Please check out our daily schedule so you can train with the faculty and guests that make Steps on Broadway a leader in the dance world.
The elevator doors open and you are instantly transported into a world rich with dance history where professional and aspiring artists train together daily. Uniquely located in New York City's Upper West Side, this urban campus is a haven for students to explore, learn, perform, and grow into versatile, working artists. For 41 years Steps on Broadway has given students opportunities to study with some of the world's top Artistic Directors, choreographers, and master teachers from the ballet, contemporary, theater, and commercial dance worlds. On any given day, students can be at the barre next to stars from ABT or New York City Ballet, kicking high with some Rockettes or singing and dancing their hearts out with seasoned Broadway veterans. Steps offers three distinct Professional Training Programs to help you achieve your goals and dreams. Upon successful completion of program requirements, students receive a Certificate of Completion. Head to the Resources tab to watch a video about each program!
VIDEO AUDITIONS ACCEPTED FOR ALL PROGRAMS
STEPS CONSERVATORYFall 2023 Semester: August 21, 2023- January 21, 2024
*Application deadline for Fall 2023 was April 1, 2023. Inquire within for extension
Spring 2024 Semester: January 22, 2023- June 2, 2024
*Application deadline for Spring 2024 - November 1, 2023
SUMMER STUDY NYC (SSNYC)
Multidisciplinary intensives for intermediate-advanced dancers 18+
Theater/Jazz & Contemporary areas of focus offered
June 12-July 2, 2023*2023 Application deadline was April 1, 2023. Inquire within for extension
INTERNATIONAL INDEPENDENT STUDY PROGRAM (IISP)
*Application due 2 months prior to desired start date
The Steps Conservatory Program
- 2-year curriculum-based intensive program, set schedule each semester of 15-18 weekly classes
- Designed for the dancer preparing for a professional career in the concert and commercial dance worlds
- Daily technique classes + Performance Enrichment courses: vocal classes, health & wellness workshops, repertory, composition, career development, acting, choreographing for performances in Steps Studio Theater and various NYC venues, exposure to casting agents, network of industry professionals, and relationships with Artistic Directors and choreographers + regular performance opportunities
- Intermediate and advanced dancers ages 17-24 [high school graduates; international students must be 18]
- Enrollment available for Fall (September start) and Spring (January start) semesters.
SSNYC - multidisciplinary intensives
- Immersive intensive to train, choreograph, perform and build fruitful, lasting professional connections
- Intermediate and advanced dancers, ages 18 and older
- 3-week sessions
- Approximately 15 classes weekly including technique, master classes, Choreo Process, and Performance Skills (vocal & acting), Q&A sessions, repertory rehearsals for final performance, and more! New guests every day including top industry leaders from the Theatrical and Contemporary worlds.
- M-1 visa program for dancers and dance educators
- Beginner to professional level welcome, ages 18 and older
- 48 classes per month with flexibility to choose own level appropriate class schedule from a diversity of techniques and styles Steps has to offer
- 3, 6, or 12-month programs with the ability to extend up to 3 years
- Programs start the first Monday of every month
- Applications are due at least 2 months prior to your desired start month - it's never too late to apply!
- At this time, there are no scholarships for this program because classes are provided at a reduced rate through enrolling.
*Rest assured, everyone has somewhere to live while studying in The Big Apple. Students are encouraged to utilize our four housing affiliates.
~ Must be at least 18 years old to obtain the M-1 student visa.
~ You are prohibited from working in the US while enrolled as an M-1 student. Therefore, you will be asked to provide financial evidence proving sufficient funding for tuition and approximate living costs.
For guideline requirements/program questions please email Program Director, Mindy@stepsnyc.com
For technical issues please visit our Applicant Help Desk.
If you UNDER 18, check out the Steps on Broadway Youth Programs: app.getacceptd.com/stepsyouthprograms