Start an Application
Narrow your Search
Auditions for Symphony Orchestra and Wind Ensemble will be submitted through the ACCEPTD web page by August 17th, 2020. Students should submit a video recording of each audition excerpt, or if video is not possible, an audio version (percussion students should contact Professor Michael Bull at firstname.lastname@example.org to audition). Every student should be able to make an audition video on a video camera or their phone. If there are extenuating circumstances, and you absolutely cannot make an audition video, please e-mail Dr. Bradley Ethington for winds (email@example.com) or Dr. James Tapia for strings (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange an in-person audition.
Auditions for these groups include required excerpts available below. The orchestra auditions for string players are a 2-3 octave scale of the student's choice, a 3-5 minute prepared solo or etude of the student’s choice, and prepared excerpts for your instrument.
- Wind Ensemble meets MWF 12:45–2:05 pm. Please contact Dr. Bradley P. Ethington (email@example.com) for more information. See the excerpts for your instrument to prepare below.
- Orchestra meets MWF 3:45 -5:05 p.m. Please contact Dr. James Tapia (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. The orchestra auditions for string players are a 2-3 octave scale of the student's choice, a 3-5 minute prepared solo or etude of the student’s choice, and prepared excerpts for your instrument, below:
Fall 2020 Excerpts
- BASSOON: Bassoon 2020 PDF 1MB
- CLARINET: Clarinet 2020 PDF 1MB
- EUPHONIUM: Euphonium 2020 PDF 1MB
- FLUTE: Flute 2020 PDF 1MB
- FRENCH HORN: French Horn PDF 1MB
- OBOE: Oboe 2020 PDF 3MB
- SAXOPHONE: Saxophone 2020 PDF 1MB
- TRUMPET: Trumpet 2020 PDF 1MB
- TROMBONE: Trombone 2020 PDF 1MB
- TUBA: Tuba 2020 PDF 1MB
- VIOLIN: Violin Audition 2020 PDF 1MB
- VIOLA: Viola Audition 2020 PDF 1MB
- CELLO: Cello Audition Fall 2020 1MB
- BASS: Bass Audition Fall 2020 1MB
JCM ensemble auditions will take place on Sunday, August 30 in Shaffer 201 and 202. JCM Vocal Auditions will take place from 2:00- 8:00pm and JCM Instrumental Auditions will take place from 1:00-8:00pm. Sign up sheets will go up on Shaffer 201 during opening weekend. Audition materials and further information will be posted shortly.