Start an Application
Narrow your Search
The TCU School of Music is a nationally recognized, award-winning institution featuring a distinguished, renowned faculty and a talented, energetic student body. The TCU School of Music will challenge you to grow and excel personally and musically as we prepare you to be the next generation of world-changing teachers, performers, scholars, composers, and arts advocates.
As a comprehensive music school within a liberal-arts university, we are large enough to offer world-class musical opportunities, yet small enough to ensure a personalized musical experience with one-on-one mentoring from leading experts. At the same time, you are part of the larger TCU community—a highly ranked national university providing students with unique intellectual challenges and unlimited opportunities. It is truly an exciting time to be part of the TCU School of Music with the recent opening of the new, state-of-the-art TCU Music Center and Van Cliburn Concert Hall.
To find out more, visit our website: www.music.tcu.edu.
Please note: All applicants (undergraduates, graduates, and artist diploma students) to the TCU School of Music must complete both the Acceptd application (TCU School of Music) and the appropriate university program (TCU) application.
TCU School of Music applications open September 1.
Undergraduate - Bachelor of Music, Performance; Bachelor of Music Education; Bachelor of Arts in Music
- November 1 - TCU general admission Early Action application (recommended for music major applicants)
- December 1 - Recommended deadline for TCU School of Music Acceptd application deadline
- February 1 - Final TCU Regular Admission & TCU School of Music Acceptd Application Deadline
- December 1 (To assure full consideration for the fall 2024 term, an application must be completed online and ALL supporting materials pertaining to the application for admission must be received by the TCU School of Music Office BEFORE December 1. Optimal consideration for scholarships and assistantships will be given to applications completed fully with ALL supporting materials received by December 1.)
- January 15 - To assure full consideration for the fall 2024 term along with scholarships and assistantships, an application must be completed online and ALL supporting materials pertaining to the application for admission must be received by the TCU School of Music Office BEFORE January 15
- February 15
Please check specific area of study for audition/interview details. Requirements will vary by program. All undergraduate students who are invited to audition will be considered for Nordan and other full scholarship opportunities.
- January 27 – UG/MM/AD/DMA (see specific program details)
- February 3 – UG/MM/AD/DMA (see specific program details)
- February 17 – UG/MM/AD/DMA (see specific program details)
If you have questions regarding the guidelines, please contact Sarah Walters, Coordinator of Music Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call 817-257-4742.
For technical questions, please visit the Acceptd Help Desk.
TCU is committed to providing a positive learning and working environment free from discrimination and harassment. TCU prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment and sexual violence), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status and any other basis protected by law, in the University’s programs and activities as required by Title IX, Title VII, The Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable laws and regulations. See TCU’s Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Inquiries about TCU’s policies and compliance with nondiscrimination policies or inquiries on how to file a complaint of discrimination should be directed to TCU’s Office of Institutional Equity. See TCU’s Notice of Nondiscrimination.