Start an Application
Narrow your Search
PROFESSIONAL. COLLABORATIVE. INSPIRING.
As part of TCU’s College of Fine Arts, the Department of Theatre is a nationally recognized professional training program that will provide you with the skills for successful careers in the theatre and beyond. With a faculty and staff of experienced practitioners, Theatre TCU offers students a comprehensive atmosphere of academic and artistic excellence as well as outstanding connections in the robust professional theatre market in Dallas-Fort Worth, New York and around the country.
At Theatre TCU, we will equip you to become the theatre artist that you dream of becoming, and you will receive an outstanding undergraduate education with a rich student life experience.
Prescreen submissions will begin starting October 1, 2023.
PUT YOUR PASSION INTO PRACTICE
Theatre TCU offers a BFA theatre degree with emphases in Acting, Design & Technology, Musical Theatre and Theatre Studies. Visit our website to learn more.
Among our program’s many exciting features are:
- 10-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio in Theatre.
- An outstanding, award-winning faculty of experienced theatre professionals who are highly accomplished teachers, artists, and mentors.
- Three different on-campus theatres, all with regularly updated lighting and sound equipment and technology, as well as excellent scenic and costume studios.
- A varied array of Theatre TCU productions of plays and musicals each academic year, playing to enthusiastic patrons.
- Regular exposure to high-profile guest artists, including Tony winners Michael Rupert, Shuler Hensley, Tony nominee Susan Egan, and alums currently working in the industry.
- Regular co-productions with some of the area’s best professional theatres, including Circle Theatre, Stage West, and Amphibian Stage Productions.
- Internships at top professional theatres throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex.
- An impressive network of Theatre TCU acting alumni including a Tony winner, an Oscar nominee, many others with major Broadway and film/television credits, and a huge array of design and production professionals.
- Great performance training in BFA Theatre degrees with emphases in Acting or Musical Theatre.
- Great technical training in BFA Theatre degrees with our Design & Technology emphasis.
- Great overview training in our BA Theatre degree, or our BFA Theatre degree with an emphasis in Theatre Studies.
All BFA applicants must complete the Acceptd prescreen process and apply to the University. You must pass the prescreen process in order to schedule an audition or portfolio review. You do not have to know your acceptance status to the university to audition or interview for the program.
For a list of prescreen and audition or portfolio review requirements, visit our website.
AUDITION & PORTFOLIO REVIEW DATES
Auditions and portfolio reviews will be scheduled as either in-person or virtual for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Be sure to check out Theatre TCU's list of submission deadlines and audition dates!
If you have questions regarding these guidelines, please contact Sue Anne Cameron, Coordinator of Admissions at email@example.com or 817-257-4196.
For technical questions, please visit the Acceptd Help Desk.