Start an Application
Narrow your Search
The 10th New York International Piano Competition® will commence the week of June 19-24, 2022. Open to pianists ages 16-22, the NYIPC is one of the most prestigious competitions available for aspiring pianists.
Unique to the world of competitions, the NYIPC is the first to offer the opportunity of no elimination throughout the competition, following acceptance. Those not receiving a major prize will each receive a cash award of $1,000. The NYIPC includes educational seminars, master classes, coaching, ensemble playing and performances.
- June 15, 2021: Online Application available on Acceptd
- December 2, 2021: Application due (no late applications accepted)
- March 9, 2022: Notification of acceptance or non-acceptance (22 candidates will be selected to participate)
- June 19, 2022: Contestants must be present at Steinway Hall in New York City at 5:30 pm for the introductory meeting and the drawing of the order of performance for the Competition
- June 20, 2022: Competition begins at The Manhattan School of Music
- June 24, 2022: Awards Ceremony
Please click here to read all Application Rules for the competition. It is VERY important that you review this document before submitting an application. This document includes:
- Eligibility for the competition
- Online application procedures
- Repertoire requirements
- Required commissioned repertoire
- Required ensemble round repertoire
- Video files for admission
- Competition rounds
- Competition jury
- Competition procedures
- Prizes and awards
- Practice and rehearsals
- Travel and accomodations
- General rules
Questions can be emailed to the Competition Office at email@example.com.
For technical questions, please check out the Acceptd Support Help Desk.