Start an Application
Narrow your Search
2022 TMF Jazz Institute
The Immanuel and Helen Olshan Texas Music Festival® invites applications for the 2022 Jazz Institute at the University of Houston Moores School of Music.
An intensive ensemble program for high school aged participants, students take classes in improvisation, theory and history, participate in sectionals, instrument-based masterclasses and ensemble rehearsals. Led by University of Houston faculty and top Houston-area jazz musicians and educators, the institute culminates in a final concert on Friday, June 24.
- High School aged students entering 10th grade — college freshmen
Application Deadline: May 20, 2022
• Completed application with non-refundable $40 application fee due by deadline.
Fees (all fees are non-refundable)
- Application Fee: $40 (due with completed application, payable by credit card only through Acceptd)
- Tuition: $350 (due upon acceptance and no later than June 15, payable by credit card only through Acceptd, limited scholarships available)
All activities take place at UH Moores School of Music.
- Orientation/Part Auditions: Sunday, June 19, 1 – 4 p.m.
- Daily Schedule: Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (NOTE: participants must bring own lunch Monday - Thursday. A BBQ lunch will be provided on June 24.)
- Final Institute Concert; Friday, June 24, 7 p.m., Moores Opera House
Institute inquiries: Noe Marmolejo, Director: phone 713-743-3191 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID 19: The health and safety of all TMF students, faculty, and on-campus guests are our primary concern. We will continue to monitor the Covid-19 pandemic, following all university, city, and state guidelines. University Visitor Protocols may be found HERE.