Start an Application
Narrow your Search
College Piano Institute
University of Houston Moores School of Music
June 1-15, 2024
An intensive, two-week program focusing on the art of piano performance with University of Houston piano faculty Timothy Hester, Tali Morgulis, and Andrew Staupe. Studies will also integrate optional instrumental sonatas and four-hand repertoire studies, period instrument and organ studies.
- 3 individual lessons per week
- Masterclasses with Vadym Kholodenko, Kenny Broberg, Nancy Weems
- Performance opportunities include the final concert of the Institute on June 15, and a performance of Instrumental Sonatas and Piano Four-Hand repertoire on June 12.
- Evening TMF performances: Piano Series Recitals by Vadym Kholodenko, Kenny Broberg; Faculty Chamber Music Series; Festival Orchestra Series, with renowned conductors and solois
- Participants are eligible to compete in the Texas Music Festival’s Mitchell – Hogg Competition. Cash prizes for all finalists. First place winner will perform with the Texas Music Festival Orchestra on June 22 and with the Houston Symphony in the 2024-25 season.
- Yoga for Musicians
Dates: June 1-15, 2024.
Orientation: Saturday, June 1 at 4:00 p.m., Room 118, Moores School of Music Building, 3333 Cullen Boulevard, Houston, TX 77204-4017
Application information: Open to college keyboard students who are 18-27 years of age. Fill out the online Application Form at Acceptd and pay the $40 application fee. Upload a video file containing two prepared pieces.
Fees (all fees are non-refundable):
Application fee: $40. Acceptd Application deadline: April 1, 2024.
Tuition: $1,100 for the two-week academy. Due through Acceptd by May 10.
Competition: $30 Hogg–Mitchell Competition entry fee. Due through Acceptd by May 10.
Housing: $970 (optional): Includes double room in 4 person suite, with shared bath in UH Cougar Village I and full meal service. Due through Acceptd by May 10, with tuition payment.
For more information:
Timothy Hester, Director