Start an Application
Narrow your Search
2023 Region 2 Performance Contest
Submissions are due March 11 Results will be announced by March 31.
- First place winners in each division will be asked to submit a single-piece recording and a short (few sentences) bio to be featured in a virtual TMTA program.
- Award checks will be mailed to each student in late June.
- Plaques will be consolidated and mailed in July to each teacher unless that teacher only has one student.
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGION 2 ENTIRES:
- Region 2 contestants will submit a video audition for the regional contest due to the large geographic area. The recordings may be made during or after the Local Contest.
- Videos will be uploaded through Acceptd. Acceptd will offer technical support if there is difficulty with uploading videos.
- Videos may be recorded with any technology available (mobile devices, video cameras, etc.).
- Students will submit ONE continuous video recording containing the contestant’s full program.
- Pieces may be played in any order desired, but they must be played in one sitting without starting and stopping the video during or between pieces or movements. Judges will select what portion of the video they wish to view using the time guidelines from the TMTA Handbook.
- The video must not be edited, tampered with, or altered by any means. Edited videos will result in disqualification.
- The contestant’s face and hands must be visible at all times on the recording.
- Label each video with the student’s alias, title and composer of each selection performed:
- Pianorocks, Prelude in c minor, JS Bach OR
- Pianorocks, Prelude in c minor, Bach and Claire de Lune, Debussy
- A scanned copy of each musical selection performed must be submitted through Acceptd. Acceptd will offer technical support if there is difficulty with uploading scores.
- Label each score with the student’s alias, title and composer of each selection performed:
- Pianorocks, Prelude in c minor, JS Bach
- Pianorocks, Clarie de Lune, Debussy
Texas Music Teachers Association
PO Box 831730
Richardson, Texas 75083-1730
For technical questions, please refer to our Applicant Support Help Desk.