Start an Application
Narrow your Search
The Division of Music at Texas Woman’s University will develop your appreciation and understanding of the arts. We will help you express your own personal and cultural experience by implementing diverse approaches to music-making, performance, and research. Our dedicated faculty and staff will provide you with a liberal arts-based education that balances tradition and innovation while preparing you for professional work, leadership, and service in music education, music pedagogy, music performance, and music therapy. We offer a variety of degree programs, including:
- Bachelor of Arts degrees in Music Education, Music Performance, and Liberal Arts - Music.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Music Therapy
- Master of Arts degrees with emphasis in Music Education, Music Performance, and Music Pedagogy
- Master of Music Therapy degree (and Graduate Equivalency program)
The Texas Woman’s University Division of Music is a dual admission program. Students must apply and be admitted to both the university and the Division of Music to become a music major.
Music study at TWU has a long and distinguished history. Our division has been fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music since 1958, and our music therapy program is approved by the American Music Therapy Association.
While pursuing your undergraduate or graduate degree in music at TWU, you will benefit from:
- Specialized faculty mentors who are invested in your success.
- Vocal and instrumental ensemble opportunities.
- Small class sizes.
- State-of-the-art facilities.
- Active student organizations.
- Concerts and performances featuring faculty, students, and guests.
- A variety of scholarships and graduate assistantships.
- Distinguished alumni networks in your field.
If you are interested in pursuing a music degree at Texas Woman’s University, you will need to complete an application to the university via ApplyTexas as well as an entrance audition. More information about applying to Texas Woman’s University can be found at https://twu.edu/admissions/
Music Division Admission procedures for Undergraduate and Graduate programs are located at https://twu.edu/music/auditions/
- Applicants for Spring 2022 admission should select November 6, 2021 audition date.
- Applicants for Fall 2022 admission should select one of the following audition dates:
- January 22, 2022
- February 19, 2022
- March 12, 2022
- April 23, 2022
- Video submission auditions are accepted and due by March 1, 2022 - please apply via the Video Audition program under the Undergraduate or Graduate area.
Music Auditions Contact Information