Start an Application
Narrow your Search
The Department of Music at Texas Woman’s University will develop your appreciation and understanding of the arts. We will help you express your own personal and cultural experience by implementing diverse approaches to music-making, performance, and research. Our dedicated faculty and staff will provide you with a liberal arts-based education that balances tradition and innovation while preparing you for professional work, leadership, and service in music education, music pedagogy, music performance, and music therapy. We offer a variety of degree programs, including:
- Bachelor of Arts degrees in Music Education, Music Performance, and Liberal Arts - Music.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Music Therapy
- Master of Arts degrees with emphasis in Music Education, Music Performance, and Music Pedagogy
- Master of Music Therapy degree (and Graduate Equivalency program)
- Dual degree: Master of Music Therapy/Master of Science in Counseling and Development
The Texas Woman’s University Department of Music is a dual admission program. Students must apply and be admitted to both the university and the Department of Music to become a music major.
Music study at TWU has a long and distinguished history. Our department has been fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music since 1958, and our music therapy program is approved by the American Music Therapy Association.
While pursuing your undergraduate or graduate degree in music at TWU, you will benefit from:
- Specialized faculty mentors who are invested in your success.
- Vocal and instrumental ensemble opportunities.
- Small class sizes.
- State-of-the-art facilities.
- Active student organizations.
- Concerts and performances featuring faculty, students, and guests.
- A variety of scholarships and graduate assistantships.
- Distinguished alumni networks in your field.
If you are interested in pursuing a music degree at Texas Woman’s University, you will need to complete an application to the university via ApplyTexas as well as an entrance audition. More information about applying to Texas Woman’s University can be found at https://twu.edu/admissions/
Music Department Admission procedures for Undergraduate and Graduate programs are located at https://twu.edu/music/auditions/
- Saturday, January 23, 2021 (Apply by January 16)
- Saturday, February 27, 2021 (Apply by February 20)
- Saturday, March 20, 2021 (Apply by March 13)
- Saturday, April 17, 2021 (Apply by April 10)
Music Auditions Contact Information