Start an Application
Narrow your Search
The Immanuel and Helen Olshan Texas Music Festival Orchestral Institute® (TMF) was founded in 1990 to provide young professional musicians with a challenging musical environment in which to develop skills for a successful career in orchestral performance. The intensive three-week orchestral fellowship program on the University of Houston campus is guided by renowned guest conductors, members of Houston’s orchestras, faculty from the Moores and Shepherd schools of music, and other distinguished artists.The 2024 TMF Orchestral Institute (arrival on June 2 and departure on June 23, 2024) is now accepting applications. All auditions will be recorded auditions, submitted in VIDEO format. Please note the following application/audition requirements and deadlines:
- All auditions will be recorded (video only) and submitted through this portal.
- Applicants must be born after June 1, 2006. Participant age range is 18-30.
- Faculty may give preference to applicants who have not already attended the festival two years or more.
- International applicants not already in the U.S. on an F or J visa valid through June 23, 2024 are required to apply for a J-1 visa to attend TMF. English proficiency is also required – all rehearsals, sectionals, lessons, master classes are held in English. Visa requests for TMF, through University of Houston, must be made no later than March 30.
- Application fee: $80 (non-refundable). Due with application and must be paid by credit card through Acceptd.
- Recorded Audition Application Deadline – Thursday, February 15, 2024 by midnight CST.
- Visit the TMF website for audition requirements and more information about the Orchestral Institute.
For technical questions, please visit the Acceptd Help Desk.