Start an Application
Narrow your Search
Make music your life.
Thank you for your interest in the University of Dayton Department of Music, a warm and inclusive community that shares your passion for music. Our programs will prepare you with essential 21st-century skills, so that you can use music to live our motto: Learn, Lead, and Serve.
Our department offers programs including a Bachelor of Music in Music Composition, Music Education, Music Performance and Music Therapy. We offer a Bachelor of Arts in Music with concentrations in Jazz Studies and Music Studies. Minors are offered in Music and Music Technology. Auditions are required for admission to our B.M. programs.
READY TO APPLY FOR UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION? Be sure to read all the information below before getting started!
- Academic admission to the university is separate from the Department of Music application and audition process.
- High school seniors and potential transfers should first apply to the university by visiting the University of Dayton Undergraduate Admissions Application. If you are interested in more than one music degree, select only one in the UD Application; you'll be able to provide more information when you come back to this site.
DEPARTMENT OF MUSIC APPLICATION DETAILS AND DEADLINES:
Auditions are required for students who wish to be admitted into an undergraduate Bachelor of Music degree program and for all students (regardless of major) who wish to take advantage of music scholarship opportunities. Applications must be received at least two weeks prior to your chosen audition date.
AUDITION DATES FOR THE 2024-2025 ACADEMIC YEAR:
- Saturday, January 20, 2024 (virtual audition)
- Saturday, January 27, 2024
- Saturday, February 10, 2024
All auditions, whether in person or recorded, will receive full and equitable consideration for admission.
If you have any questions about the application and admission process for Department of Music, or if you would like to schedule a campus visit, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical questions, please visit the Acceptd Help Desk.