Start an Application
Narrow your Search
Admission procedures for all programs - http://music.unt.edu/admissions
The College of Music at the University of North Texas is one of the nation’s largest and most respected comprehensive music schools. It offers fully accredited degrees from bachelor to doctoral levels and is home to the nation’s first jazz studies degree program. Faculty include internationally acclaimed artists and scholars in composition, conducting, ethnomusicology, music education, music entrepreneurship, music history, music theory, and performance. The college presents more than 1,100 concerts and recitals annually. UNT music alumni can be found around the globe in impressive, award-winning careers across a wide-range of music professions.
UNT College of Music offers:
- An enduring focus on innovation. We offer the nation’s first degree in Jazz Studies, live streaming of our performances, and a Center for Experimental Music and Intermedia that’s one of the most recognized centers of its kind.
- A legacy of success, with accomplished alumni all over the world and educators at every level, including many Grammy nominees and winners.
- A thriving community of gifted musicians, with more music majors than any other comprehensive university in the country. Our students also are academically talented; we have more Honors College students and National Merit Scholars than any other college or school at UNT.
- The opportunity to learn through collaborations with other outstanding musicians in more than 50 student ensembles.
- Over 300 practice rooms, 7 performance halls and one of the nation’s largest music libraries.
- Select 'Undergraduate or Second Bachelor Degrees' as your Level in the Start an Application box beneath the UNT logo
- Select your Audition Area (Brass, Critical Studies, Electronics, Jazz, Keyboard, Percussion, Strings, Voice, Woodwinds)
- Select your Program (this is the primary instrument or voice on which you will audition or area for which you will submit a portfolio)
- After you begin the application, you will indicate your desired degree(s) – composition, jazz studies, music education, performance, and/or the bachelor of arts.
- Select 'Graduate Degrees' as your Level in the Start an Application box beneath the UNT logo
- Select your Area (Brass, Composition, Conducting, Ethnomusicology, Jazz, Keyboard, Music Education, Musicology, Percussion, Strings, Theory, Voice, Woodwinds)
- Select your Program (this is the primary instrument/area to which you will apply)
- After you begin the application, you will indicate your desired degree – master’s, doctoral, or graduate artist certificate (if applicable).
For technical questions, please visit the Acceptd Help Desk.