Start an Application
Narrow your Search
We are excited about your interest in the School of Music at USF!
Located in the heart of the USF Tampa campus, our School of Music resides in a state-of-the-art facility that is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, and the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
ADMISSION TO THE SCHOOL OF MUSIC: TWO STEP PROCESS1) You must first submit an online application to the University of South Florida.
- Submit application either complete or to be completed later.
- Receive university ID number within two days by email.
Then…2) Apply to the USF School of Music via GetAcceptd.
- Pay $35 application fee
- Review the audition requirements listed on the Audition Requirements web page
- Submit audition in video format OR select your choice to audition live
- Complete the School of Music application, including submitting names/emails of references
We will be offering live auditions for students who choose to audition on campus rather than by video. You must still complete the School of Music application on Acceptd even if you choose to audition live.
Live auditions will be offered at our Tampa campus on December 2, 2023 (at Festival of Winds event), as well as February 3 & 17, 2024.
FALL ENTRY TERM (AUG 2024): February 17, 2024
- Applications are due on February 17, 2024
- Your application to USF and your separate application to the School of Music via getacceptd.com are both due by Feb. 17
- February 17 is the last live audition date at our Tampa campus
- If you are auditioning by video, your video audition (uploaded to getacceptd.com) is due by February 17
- Feb 17 is also the priority deadline for consideration for performance-based scholarships and Graduate Assistantships for the 2024-25 academic year. (Acceptance into the School of Music is not a guarantee of a scholarship award.)
- Acceptances will be communicated on “Announce-a-Bull Day” - March 1, 2024
- Accepted students are invited and encouraged to attend the Accepted Students Day - date TBD - to experience what it’s like to be a student for a day!
Should you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
For technical questions, please check out the FAQs on the Acceptd Applicant Support Help Desk.