Start an Application
Narrow your Search
Welcome to the Virtual Violin Festival 2021founded by Shakeh Ghoukasian, the Artistic Director of The String Connection
Though online festivals are not a new phenomenon, this festival is unique with its focus on individual students connecting with an all-star faculty of international artists in an intense learning environment.
Festival Highlights - June 14 to June 25, 2021
The String Connection Virtual Violin Festival (VVF) offers two weeks of intensive training program for advanced young musicians, 15 to 20 years of age, to engage with world class international faculty through master classes, discussions and private lessons.
Group sessions are held Monday through Friday from 10 am to 3 pm PST, with additional activities through the Festival’s Facebook Group. Daily warm up sessions will take place 9 am PST. Private coaching sessions will be arranged between faculty members and their assigned students.
- March 22 - Applications Open
- May 16 - Application Due
- May 17 - Notification of Acceptance
- May 28 - Participant Tuition ($1,150) / Auditor Fee ($130) due
- June 14 - Festival starts
- Daily masterclasses and performance opportunities with VVF faculty
- Daily special topic discussions presented by the faculty and visiting artists
- Special classes on Bach interpretation and Baroque ornamentation
- Two private (30 minute) lessons
- Daily interactive sessions on confidence-building, professional comportment and audition preparation
- Practice ideas for performance readiness
- Conversations with visiting conductors and concertmasters on the fine points of orchestral auditions and preparation
- Conversations with visiting luthiers about instrument maintenance, how to choose a bow or find your instrument and live violin tonal comparisons
- Tech equipment kit with USB Microphone and Headphones
- Auditors will have full access to all the classes and discussions
Please contact Shakeh Ghoukasian (Sghoukasianmusic@gmail.com), Artistic Director, or refer back to the Virtual Violin Festival website, if you have any questions.
For technical questions, please visit the Acceptd Help Desk.