Start an Application or Submit a Free Interest Form
Narrow your Search
Welcome to Western Illinois University!
Here’s a quote from our Department of Theatre and Dance mission statement: “...Our standard of excellence demands the celebration of individuality with the collaborative process, empowering students to begin a life-long career of artistic risk-taking and self-discovery…”. If this is the inclusive and supportive program you'd like to be a part of, contact us today!
- BA Theatre: Performance (including a directing track)
- BA Theatre: Design
- BFA Musical Theatre (audition program /a Signature Program of the university)
- Dance Minor
- Stage Combat Minor (one of only four in the nation)
- MFA Theatre: Acting
- MFA Theatre: Directing
- MFA Theatre: Design (Costume, Lighting, Scenic, and Technical Direction)
Please note: We do not have a Pre-Screen for any of our programs - your audition upload (following the spcifications) is your audition!
Other Important facts:
- We offer in-state tuition for all 50 states and a wide variety of scholarship and financial assistance through Admissions and talent grant and tuition waivers throughout the department.
- We create 15 fully-realized productions each year, including two dance concerts.
- Freshmen are immediately eligible for performance opportunities - in fact, there is a fall production just for new students.
- You get one-on-one attention to help you grow and thrive with most of the classes in the major accommodating 8 - 12 students.
- You are provided opportunities to build your own experience within our offerings and have the opportunities to work outside of your chosen discipline to help you become the multi-faceted and fierce artist that you want to be.
- We have an approachable faculty of educators who are also working professionals focused on your education.
- In support of our BIPOC students, the DUMELA Alumni Council was added in Fall of 2020 to reinforce a dedication by our department to serve as advocates for our BIPOC population with the focus of "building a bridge" between the current students, the department, and its professional alumni.
- We are a NAST accredited program
Tammy Killian - Department Chair - firstname.lastname@example.org
Lysa Fox - Associate Professor, Head of BFA Musical Theatre - email@example.com
Adam Lewis - Assistant Professor, Head of BA Studies - firstname.lastname@example.org
Steven House - Assistant Professor, Graduate / MFA Studies - email@example.com
Donald Laney - Assistant Professor, Head of Dance Minor - firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical questions, please visit the Acceptd Help Desk.