Start an Application
Narrow your Search
Here, you’re more than a student ID number. You are an individual--with talents and goals that we are eager to help you develop and explore.
BFA Programs in:
- Conservatory-level training at a public university price
- 8-10 main stage productions
- Career building travel and study abroad opportunities
- Direct engagement with theatre, film and television professionals from around the world
Explore our programs and learn more about the audition & interview process here.
Learn more about WMU's deep tuition cut for out-of-state students here.
Admission into the Western Michigan University Department of Theatre is a multi-step process:
- WMU Application: Submit a general application to Western Michigan University here.
- WMU Theatre Application: Submit a Department of Theatre application right here through Acceptd.
- Attend or submit an audition or interview: Auditions and interviews for the Department of Theatre are held on and off-campus throughout the year. You can also audition and interview virtually. Read more about these opportunities here.
While we do have rolling admissions for most programs, we encourage students to complete their applications and schedule auditions and interviews early to ensure that spots remain in their program of choice. Also, note that applying to the University itself before December 15th provides many scholarship opportunities.SCHEDULE A VISIT! We'd love to show you around.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must apply separately for each program you are interested in. Please note that the application fee is only required for the first program for which you apply. If you wish to apply for multiple programs, please enter the following "coupon code" on the payment screen of any subsequent submission: 02wmu23. This coupon code will waive the fee. Please note that your first application must be paid before the coupon code will work.*Please contact the WMU School of Theatre and Dance at email@example.com if the application fee through Acceptd presents a financial hardship that would prevent application.
For technical questions, please visit the Acceptd Help Desk.